Official NASSM 2013 Thread - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > National Events
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Official NASSM 2013 Thread

Hello All!

This thread will be a main thread to answer questions about the upcoming 2013 North American Solstice & SKY Meet. We will start new threads as needed to be as communicative as possible..

First things first, a few bits of needed info:

When: June 20, 21, and 22nd 2013

Where: Flagstaff, Arizona

Hotel info:
Radisson Woodlands
1175 West Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86001
(928) 773-8888

Room Rate: $115 per night (Includes a Hot Breakfast for 2 each Morning)
The room rate will be extended to our group 3 days prior and post event dates

How to book your room: Radisson is currently building the online portal to make your reservation process online and easy. If you wish to call and reserve your room before the portal is complete you may do so by calling the hotel directly and use the Group name “GM Roadster Club” . Once the web portal is complete and operational I believe this will change to the event name of “NASSM 2013”…

Event Web Site: Home
Please note that the event site is not operational yet as we are waiting on a few software patch’s. (So at this time do not register on the site)

Other Social Media Links: http://www.facebook.com/groups/537950722898776/

Participating Vendors:
DDM Works
Hahn Racecraft
Performance Auto Werks
Redline Performance Manufacturing
WindRestrictor
Maguire’s Car Care
Ecotec Tuning
Hankook Tires

Thank you,
2013 NASSM Team!
NASSM 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Fantastic

There will be many people very happy to see this post and continued updates!
2008 Pontiac Solstice
SCCA SSB Champion Limited Edition
Purchased June 11, 2011 with 4,687 miles

Wind Restrictor installed 06-22-12
sol4two is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
AKA SolWhat?

Thank you for posting. May the complaints stop and the participating begin!

On the Hanging Limb Highway - 2012
1st 1K - #741
DaveOC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Thanks for posting. Since several of us will be traveling for 4 or more days, we would like to plan on arriving early and enjoying the local terrain for more than one day of cruising.

What are the limits on the room rates? Can we show up on Monday or Tuesday and get the GMR rate?

Have you given consideration to opening up an additional day of cruising?

Thanks

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hi Rob!

Yes we have the room block from June 17th thru the 25th (3 days prior and post event)… If we see enough pick up on say Tuesday or Wednesday we will most definitely get some items planned on those days. I along with a few of the other key planners will be arriving on Tuesday and leaving on Monday so there will definitely be a few people around…
NASSM 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASSM 2013 View Post
Hi Rob!

Yes we have the room block from June 17th thru the 25th (3 days prior and post event)… If we see enough pick up on say Tuesday or Wednesday we will most definitely get some items planned on those days. I along with a few of the other key planners will be arriving on Tuesday and leaving on Monday so there will definitely be a few people around…
Great.
Let me beat the bushes here and see how many will come early. Currently we are scheduled to travel tonGrand Junction Saturday, and arrive there Sunday evening. Since we are a bunch of old farts, we were planning on resting, shopping, drinking and maintenance on Monday. That would give us Tuesday to ease into events and hopefully some sight seeing.

Once I get a head count I will get with you.

Thanks again. Really looking forward to the first official GMR nationals. I know that you have played a big supporting tole in several previous events, this will be the first where you are not held back by locals!

Punisher's Daddy

Punisher's story

Old 12-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well, I have taken the first step and registered our name with the official website. Not 100% committed yet (have not paid any registration fee or made hotel reservations yet).
2008 Pontiac Solstice

Old 12-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Founding Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol4two View Post
Well, I have taken the first step and registered our name with the official website. Not 100% committed yet (have not paid any registration fee or made hotel reservations yet).
The web site is temporary!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

It only took around 20 minutes and the kid said he was too busy to give me a confirmation number (still haven't received an e-mail confirmation either) but I did make room reservations just in case we decide to come. I also made reservations at the nearby Embassy Suites which only took two minutes for about the same rate plus I'll get my Hilton Hhonors points (I am in Hilton properties around 150 nights/year).
2008 Pontiac Solstice

Old 12-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

NOTICE: The following is NOT an official NASSM schedule. It is just some scratching I've done after spending an hour or so gleaning information about this event from various sources. After I put it all together, it is starting to look very inviting. There was nothing about a banquet, but I'll be watching for that. Throw in a couple of nightcaps with Rob the Elder and I'm probably back on board.

Thursday, June 13th

Evening ride from Des Moines to Grand Island, Nebraska (4 boring hours)

Friday, June 14th

Morning ride from Grand Island, Nebraska to Denver Colorado (5 boring hours) and evening visit with family

Saturday, June 15th

Possible 4 hour ride with Colorado group from Denver to Grand Junction, Colorado followed by cruise in Grand Junction area

Sunday, June 16th

Possible continuation of Saturday's ride from Denver to Flagstaff

Monday, June 17th

Tour the Flagstaff area and do some shopping on your own

Tuesday, June 18th

Morning group ride from Lordsburg, New Mexico north on Route 91 to Show, Arizona
Those already in Flagstaff could drive out to Show (2 1/2 hours) to ride back with the group on Wednesday morning.

Wednesday, June 19th

Choice of 3 rides
Continuation of group ride from Show, Arizona through Winslow, Arizona and on to Flagstaff
Morning group ride from Gallop, New Mexico through Window Rock to Chinle, Arizona
Evening dinner in Cedar City, Utah for those taking the group ride through Zion National Park on Thursday

Thursday, June 20th

Continuation of chosen rides
8:00AM Group ride from Lake Havasu City across the high dessert, through Seligman, Arizona and into Flagstaff
Morning group tour or Canyon de Chelly followed by drive the dessert to Flagstaff
Morning group ride from Cedar City, Utah through Zion National Park to Flagstaff ($25.00 or National Park Pass)

3:00PM Registration -- $95.00 (Estimate, not official)
11:04PM MDT Summer Solstice

Friday, June 21st

Choice of 3 rides
Grand Canyon ($25.00 or NationalPark Pass)
Sedona/Oak Creek
Cottonwood (includes winery tour)

8-10PM Friday Night Lights Car Show in the parking lot

Saturday, June 22nd

8AM-1PM Saturday Car Show in the parking lot
Noon-ish Bug out
GrandpaSolstice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks, G-PaSolstice for the effort and the most informative post yet on what might happen if there does happen to be a 2013 NASSM.

Too bad we can't seem to get this kind of information from the alleged leader(s) or organizer(s) of this (hopeful) event.

One by one, our government is chipping away at our individual liberties. Don't let it happen.
Carpe Diem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

This was posted on the now closed thread 2013 NASSM Selection thread:

Originally Posted by WickedMike
You can find more information on this event and the rides they have organized to come into the event at Home . Click on rides, upper left to see the maybe organized rides coming to this event.
Still not enough information and it appears there is only one day of runs (Friday) but things could change.

Rob the Elder replied:
I recommend we share our thoughts with Martin. Send him a pm with your thoughts and make a positive contribution

Rob, you presume that Martin reads posts on this thread, or this forum, or even PMs posted here. If he did, why wouldn't he at least comment on or acknowledge the concern that many of us have?

One by one, our government is chipping away at our individual liberties. Don't let it happen.
Carpe Diem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

Good to see some information. Looks like GrandpaSolstice made up a pretty good route for him. I'm still hoping for Thursday, Friday and Saturday rides set up by organizers. They have three different rides scheduled for Friday and could just offer them on the other days. I still volunteer to sweep, if needed.
09 WickedGXP9-25-08 Auto, Red calps,shorty antenna,windscreen,side grill & bkup light covers, leather armrests/console & door pockets,de-badged, pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover,GMPP CAI&tune, Probeam/Backbone,Clear bra,garage opener in header, JPM lumbar inserts,SOLO Mach Shty cat bk
09 Aggressive GXP Coupe 4-16-14, #577, Auto,soft top,Red calps,GM tune,GM acc whls,Conti Xtreme contact tires,pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover, probeam & backbone
WickedMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

Still information at, Home
09 WickedGXP9-25-08 Auto, Red calps,shorty antenna,windscreen,side grill & bkup light covers, leather armrests/console & door pockets,de-badged, pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover,GMPP CAI&tune, Probeam/Backbone,Clear bra,garage opener in header, JPM lumbar inserts,SOLO Mach Shty cat bk
09 Aggressive GXP Coupe 4-16-14, #577, Auto,soft top,Red calps,GM tune,GM acc whls,Conti Xtreme contact tires,pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover, probeam & backbone
WickedMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
This was posted on the now closed thread 2013 NASSM Selection thread:

Originally Posted by WickedMike
You can find more information on this event and the rides they have organized to come into the event at Home . Click on rides, upper left to see the maybe organized rides coming to this event.
Still not enough information and it appears there is only one day of runs (Friday) but things could change.

Rob the Elder replied:
I recommend we share our thoughts with Martin. Send him a pm with your thoughts and make a positive contribution

Rob, you presume that Martin reads posts on this thread, or this forum, or even PMs posted here. If he did, why wouldn't he at least comment on or acknowledge the concern that many of us have?
He did PM me so I believe he is now monitoring this thread. Share your inputs with him

Punisher's Daddy

Punisher's story

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.