Official NASSM 2013 Thread - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > National Events
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #31 (permalink)

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
I received authorization for my account on the Nationals site. Unfortunately it still shows only two days of events, cruises on Friday and car show on Saturday.

We are still planning to hold basically our own event before the "Nationals"officially begins.

I remain hopeful that they will expand the event beyond two days.

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
Founding Member

Cool

I (we) registered for the Event, been working on the Map App trying to get the most out of the trip into and out of Flagstaff awa some fun stuff while there. We have seen the big ditch, but might give it another look since we are close by.

We plan on being early too!!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #33 (permalink)

robert ,
You have registered for NASSM2013 Event Registration DOUBLE-UP on 06-20-2013 which is held at Flagstaff. Location details are:
Flagstaff, AZ
United States

Punisher's Daddy

Punisher's story

Old 01-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Well, I'm down especially if Randy and Chuck (CDFLINT) are coming
Ah yeah, It would be an insult to have Nationals in Arizona and not show up. Plus my wife (who was born in AZ) has never been to Flagstaff and Grand Canyon so this will be a new experience for her. Last time I was there was in the 70's as a kid. I've registered for the room and saving my pennies for possible upgrades but I want check out your turbo to see if I need the upgrade. (ha ha, see if I need it)

Rob are you going to punish us at the car show? I don't think we have a chance when Punisher has its own entourage vehicle and painting pit crew ready to change anything at a moments notice. Still, I cant wait to take second.

Does anyone know if Norm is coming? I know he was making the widebody off Madmods car. I would love to see it.

She's an 09 Brazen GXP, Trifecta tune, DDM Race Bckbne,OCC,fndr trim,center console,coilcover and LVKFCB, WERKS tank covers, Hahn IC, KS reBar, Dejon lwr intake,IC and TBE pipes, Solo HF cat with Magnaflow 3" exh, VDI doors, B&G coilovers, ASAP mesh covers, Norms f430 bumper,fenders,side skirts, GTO CAI hood and rear diffuser, Gravana J2's, ZOK bars, custom projector LED Halo headlights and taillights, custom WR & "Madmods" CF dash, pillar & door sills, JPM shifter
Next, Crazy leather int
cdflint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #35 (permalink)

I registered for the event today. Now if it happens should be all set.
09 WickedGXP9-25-08 Auto, Red calps,shorty antenna,windscreen,side grill & bkup light covers, leather armrests/console & door pockets,de-badged, pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover,GMPP CAI&tune, Probeam/Backbone,Clear bra,garage opener in header, JPM lumbar inserts,SOLO Mach Shty cat bk
09 Aggressive GXP Coupe 4-16-14, #577, Auto,soft top,Red calps,GM tune,GM acc whls,Conti Xtreme contact tires,pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover, probeam & backbone
WickedMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #36 (permalink)

Car shows can be exciting. Texting at the Car Show - PerformanceOnline.com
Old 01-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob the elder View Post
I received authorization for my account on the Nationals site. Unfortunately it still shows only two days of events, cruises on Friday and car show on Saturday.

We are still planning to hold basically our own event before the "Nationals"officially begins.

I remain hopeful that they will expand the event beyond two days.
It's beginning to look like all we have is hope. Why would anybody plan to take days off work and drive halfway across the country when the (alleged) organizers communicate nothing about the event? There certainly is no new information (or even more empty promises about what a whiz-bang, super-duper event is being planned.) The silence out of the (phantom) organizers is deafening. I'm getting kind of discouraged - beginning to think there won't even be a 2013 NASSM.

One by one, our government is chipping away at our individual liberties. Don't let it happen.
Carpe Diem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #38 (permalink)

We are going, official or not. Will be lots to see and do. But I agree, it's less than confidence inspiring.

Punisher's Daddy

Punisher's story

Old 01-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #39 (permalink)

While I've never been to one of the National events. I'm excited to go. This is the thread for NASSM 2013. The first post does show what hotel, how to register and what vendors are on board at this time. Since there is not as many days for the event as what seems to be from years past, some plan differently. In looking at previous threads for prior years, there are some that jump on it as early as August (10 months) before the event but a lot of the hype, whiz-bang shaboom doesn't come out until closer to the event. Four of our biggest vendors say they are going to show. I'm interested in door prizes, maybe auctions, raffles and goodies too. I'm sure commitments need to be made from the companies and they may not blast it all out at once to make build up for those going and those on the fence. Martin, any extra tidbits you can share?

I'm not running the show nor have any involvement making it happen but there are 46 registered (Martin says on FB) in January. Is that a bad statistic 5 months before the event? Several years seem to show more registration numbers closer to the event.

I for one will go and have a great time enjoying a really cool place to see and drive (there is a 7th natural wonder there), meeting people I talk to on the forum (but have no idea who they are), try to catch RacerX and Rob on a drive (yeah right, I'll need an upgraded turbo, hint hint), meet vendors I've purchased from (and not purchased from yet, hint hint) and if you don't go, I don't mind getting your goodie bags and door prizes. My car loves the extras.

I'd love to see if Norms Fiberglass comes and brings the widebody and coupe top work I see on the forum. Norm, are you going!!! Make a showcase Norm!!! 5 months away. Just bring the prototype if you have to. I want a debut in person. It's the biggest gathering of people directly at what you sell. Be there Norm.

Now I have to work on my custom taillights, solder the TS motion sensor relay and place the powdercoated valve cover. So much to do and so little time. See you there.

She's an 09 Brazen GXP, Trifecta tune, DDM Race Bckbne,OCC,fndr trim,center console,coilcover and LVKFCB, WERKS tank covers, Hahn IC, KS reBar, Dejon lwr intake,IC and TBE pipes, Solo HF cat with Magnaflow 3" exh, VDI doors, B&G coilovers, ASAP mesh covers, Norms f430 bumper,fenders,side skirts, GTO CAI hood and rear diffuser, Gravana J2's, ZOK bars, custom projector LED Halo headlights and taillights, custom WR & "Madmods" CF dash, pillar & door sills, JPM shifter
Next, Crazy leather int
Old 01-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #40 (permalink)

I would like to see a lot more activities over more days. My previous experience has been there was a lot of conversation and feedback on the forums that has been missing so far.

Punisher's Daddy

Punisher's story

Old 01-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #41 (permalink)

I agree with Rob!
09 WickedGXP9-25-08 Auto, Red calps,shorty antenna,windscreen,side grill & bkup light covers, leather armrests/console & door pockets,de-badged, pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover,GMPP CAI&tune, Probeam/Backbone,Clear bra,garage opener in header, JPM lumbar inserts,SOLO Mach Shty cat bk
09 Aggressive GXP Coupe 4-16-14, #577, Auto,soft top,Red calps,GM tune,GM acc whls,Conti Xtreme contact tires,pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover, probeam & backbone
WickedMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #42 (permalink)

I see what you are saying. I have now registered on the NASSM2013 site. See you there.

Next, Crazy leather int
Old 02-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #43 (permalink)

Please visit the NASSM2013.com website. There's a week of rides, events, dinners, drives, Car Shows and activities. We are working on coordinated rides to the event from out of state. To Contact us...[Contact}
Calendar of Events June 17-23
Event Rides - Full, Evening and Half-day rides
Car Shows and Photo Contest
Monthly Drawings
Vendors
Rides to Flagstaff
2006 White Solstice - Son's DD...needs work
2009 Sky Redline LTD - long distance, top down
2009 Sly Coupe - Car Shows

Last edited by denette; 02-04-2013 at 01:35 PM.
denette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #44 (permalink)

Well I will be driving 1100 miles to see this event. Would hope to see a load of cars at this event.
Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Werks cooler
Werks HI Flow cat
Trifeca Tune
Sprint Booster Adjustable
DDMWorks Trunk & Hood Led Lights
DDMWorks Coated Valve Cover
DDMWorks Oil Catch Can
DDMWorks Coil Cover
DDMWorks Tubes
DDMWorks Inline fuel
K&N C.A.I.
Custom backup camera install
Kazera KZ-D Wheels
Falken 612+
Spoiler from The spoiler company
Plus to much else to list.
shreve1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #45 (permalink)

I joined NASSM2013.com and made my room reservation at the Radisson more than a month ago, but I held off on registering for the event because I was afraid that something might pop up that would prevent me from attending and I could find no refund policy. I received an email last night from a member of the registration team asking if I would consider registering now to help give them a better idea of the numbers to plan for. I explained my reason for delaying and within a half an hour, there was a refund policy in place on the web site. I am now officially registered.

The refund policy doesn't jump out at you, but if you have been holding off for reasons similar to mine, search for "refund" on the site and see if the new policy seems fair to you.

See you in Flagstaff -- NASSM at a Higher Elevation
GrandpaSolstice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.