A few pic's of SOL #116 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Southwest
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2006, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

A few pic's of SOL #116

Just a few pics, of my Sol hanging out at the pavillions in scottsdale,and after the Limo Tint job, blacked her out..... click on link to peep.......
Also pic of back of car with lettering removed.

http://www.putfile.com/ekpolo

Eric&Jen
SOL #116 of 1st K !
AZ
ERIC&JEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Grammie 4 VT
Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing!
Grammie 4 VT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

No offence but I am proud of this car with the pontiac name plate and solstice name and what people called the GM emblem a pimple .I will show the world that american cars are the best in the world just look at the car its pontiac at it best
Old 01-19-2006, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

emblem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave clancy
No offence but I am proud of this car with the pontiac name plate and solstice name and what people called the GM emblem a pimple .I will show the world that american cars are the best in the world just look at the car its pontiac at it best
Well your entitled to your feelings, I left the gm , and pontiac emblems on, but just wanted a smoother look, and a more mysterious look, and when Pontiac cuts you a check for advertising for them, you can buy beers for all of us. God Bless.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIC&JEN
Well your entitled to your feelings, I left the gm , and pontiac emblems on, but just wanted a smoother look, and a more mysterious look, and when Pontiac cuts you a check for advertising for them, you can buy beers for all of us. God Bless.
one thing i did remove was the dealer name on my car i know they will never cut me a check your car really looks nice noticed a couple of other solstices in the back ground I wonder what color got the most attention i got the black too and i love it
Old 01-19-2006, 05:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave clancy
one thing i did remove was the dealer name on my car i know they will never cut me a check your car really looks nice noticed a couple of other solstices in the back ground I wonder what color got the most attention i got the black too and i love it
They all seemed to get equal, we should have some more oics up after this weekend, we are expecting to be at the show w 12 cars this week.... soon we will have our own row.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Nice pictures! Did you remove the emblems yourself? The rear glass..you had that tinted too? Do you have to unplug the defroster for that glass because of the tint?
Pure, Ebony, PWR, CNV.PKG, CD-MP3, XM, #4769 10/DEC/05
Mods: Calipers*Shaved*Caps*Chromies*Rear Fascia*GM-CAI*Eibach Sportline*Borla Exhaust*Headers*RazziWing*Lthr Visors*Eng Cover
Future: ProBeam, Homemade Backbone, GXP Swaybars, DDM Stage 2
1984 Blk Porsche 928S 196k
my PURE Pics upDated 28/Aug/06
PURE_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2006, 06:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Had my toy tinted thanks to a tip from Batman.
Have had many cars tinted with rear defrost. If the person is skilled and you don't go cheap on the tint quality you can still use your defrost with no ill affects.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

re tint, lttrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURE_Fun
Nice pictures! Did you remove the emblems yourself? The rear glass..you had that tinted too? Do you have to unplug the defroster for that glass because of the tint?
I had it done with 3m, ... 5% grade. Tint wizzard here in scottsdale, I kinda watched him, it's tricky on the rear defrost. have to unhook it, tint around contact, then hook it back up. I had my kappa shield tinted too, but didnt last just as he said, since they can't tint airplanes which have the same windows, he said it prob wouldn't stick, but I will still use it, untill Kappa comes out with a tinted or dark plastic alternative.

The letters are easy, its warm here so the glue really never hardens. Take a hairdryer warm up the letters (helps tto have 2 people) then after a few min, take soft dental floss, the non twine kind, and just run behind letter pulling gently towards you. most 3m tape will come off but with a little more heat can roll off with thumb or finger, get as most off as you can, wash area, you will have a little of a haze from letter area, then buff and wax area 2x, and looks like it was never there (patience is the key in removing these) !!!

Hope this helps ya.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Founding Member

What the heck are those GIANT buses in the background of the first pic?

Look like something from Willy Wonka!
How to lower your front license plate How to install an aftermarket headunit Upload your BEST pics here!
AztekzRpurty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

RE pics

I found those pics online, they show the 1954, concept car, it is being auctioned at the barrett jackson auction , this weekend , shld go for over 350k they say........ kinda cool..
Old 01-19-2006, 09:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
They all seemed to get equal, we should have some more oics up after this weekend, we are expecting to be at the show w 12 cars this week.... soon we will have our own row.
Make that 13.

Aggressive|power pkg.|polished|ls|mp3|monsoon|ebony cloth|a/c

VIN # 7672

Her name is Scully.
sonoransolstice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2006, 06:15 AM   #13 (permalink)

Great Pic's Eric....

All: We look forward to seeing those sol's that did not make it last Weekend to the Pavilions. We will be meeting this Saturday (21st) at 3:30pm at the Starbucks on Dobson & Chandler Blvd in Chandler for the Drive to the Pavilions.

We had a good turn out last weekend and I hope we have an even better turn out this weekend! PM me with any questions........

Chef M.
chefmartin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2006, 07:00 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztekzRpurty
What the heck are those GIANT buses in the background of the first pic?

Look like something from Willy Wonka!
Those are the 1950 GM Futureliners......

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/about...futurliner.asp

http://www.futurelinerforsale.com/

I saw them on the Speed Channel's live coverage of the Barrett-Jackson Auction. They have had live coverage everyday this week, and will continue until Sunday.
I love it!!

- bspate -

Took Her Home - 11/30/05
Pictures of My Sly Sol
bspate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2006, 07:15 AM   #15 (permalink)

Location: Under an invisibility cloak, somewhere in the Northeast
Another site with information.

http://www.futurliner.com/

Hope they do not go off until after I get home from work on Saturday, so I can watch. Looking forward the the beginning of the 1300s lots, they have a couple Pontiac concept cars and the Futurliner.
Small Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.