Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Installed DDM Bracing

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  solli4me 
#1 ·
So I got to installing my Venom Brace, Backbone, and Pro Beam this week and just in time for my first AutoX event this Sunday. They really tie the car together, it just feels tighter. The stuff is of incredible quality too, down to the last little detail, like the Styrofoam on the venom brace to protect it during install. I really didn't expect anything less from DDM, but it's really quite impressive when its staring you in the face, So great job to DDM on these quality pieces!

I also included a pic of the intake I installed this week...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks awesome!

I want to get the backbone. Not sure how thick it really needs to be. I just have my doubts that the thicker ones actually improve the handling much to be worth the extra cost and weight.

#3 ·
Even the thicker ones weigh less than stock, how hard do you drive your car, harder you drive the more it can flex.

#4 ·
Not sure about that, but certainly the thickest DDM one has cutouts which lets it weigh about the same as the middle one (based on me lifting both of them together - one in each hand). The cheapest one is lighter though.

I went with the middle one on an assumed cost/performance basis, but YMMV and weight wouldn't be a factor.

#5 ·
He has a NA so the thinnest one is the one most appropriate for his car, lighter than the factory POS (piece of steel) and the atomic diffusion of aluminum is better than steel so it appears lighter to the car. Either way it's lighter than my sub woofer. The single weakest point in the Solstice design is the POS tunnel brace, Corvette has the same problem must be a GM trademark.

#9 ·
Nice video! If I had the extra cash I'd def put a S/C on my '06 N/A but as it is, I had to settle for a K&N Air Filter. :lol:

I noticed a difference with the backbone when I first installed it. My ProBeam and LV brace should be arriving this week. :thumbs:

On a side note, check your BB bolts periodically, four of mine were loose and had to be tightened yesterday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.