Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Sprint Lowering Kit

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Sols 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I want to show you what the Sprint Lowering Kit will do for the Solstice.

See less See more
#2 ·
OMG! LOOKS GREAT! There as low as my sportline's, OH AND I LOVE THOSE FENDERS!

#6 · (Edited)
Manuel
You are correct, they are 18x9 in back. 18x8 in front. This is the Gravana J2 Staggered set. The offset is +45mm
John G

#7 ·
It looks great, I actually have a set of these in my basement right now. I plan on installing them sometime this weekend or next week depending on the weather. So it's great to see some pictures of what I can expect.

Did you install these yourself? If not, how many labor hours did the shop charge you for, I'm trying to decide whether it's worth me taking a day to do it or a shop taking a few hours. I've never dealt with compressing suspension springs before, but mechanically this job isn't out of my league.

How's the street drive-ability, I'd hate to install these and find out it's too low then have to go back to stock. I love the way a lower solstice looks its really a dramatic change in how the car looks.

My car is a daily driver so I'm a little concerned about dealing with entrance/exit ramps to gas stations, stores, parking, etc. Have you had any issues with scraping?

#8 ·
Hi Sols.
I had Big O Tires install them for me. They charged me 4 hours of labor in addition to the 4 wheel alignment. Total cost was about $400.

The ride is different with a nice sport feel. It is a bit rough over rail road tracks and over ruts in the road. Very smooth on the freeway and well maintained roads. It corners and handles very confidently with almost no body roll.

My car is also my daily driver and I have hit the bottom more than a couple of times. It just takes getting used to going very slow over speed bumps and raised entrance ramps. Now that I am a bit more aware, this is happening very rarely. I notice that approaching these raised obstacles at a slight angle also helps.

Rx4theSol

#9 · (Edited)
Yeah I figured it would be around 3-4 hours of labor. I'm in the middle of my install right now, broke it up into two days. Last night I pulled the shocks and replaced the springs, today I'm just waiting on the morning light so I can get back to work.

It's taking me considerably longer than 4 hours to get this done, I've never done springs before so I'm taking it slow. I got the free time right now to do it though, and I know it's going to be satisfying to see how the car sits once I take it down off the jack stands.

Did they trim your front plastic deflector (that plastic strip that runs under the front of the car)? I'm thinking about taking an inch off it, but I think i'll run the car without trimming it to see how much it drags if at all.

I'll probably drive it later today after I finish the install, then park it until I can find a place to do the alignment. Right now I'm thinking about just bringing it to the local GMC/Buick dealership (used to carry pontiacs) just because they would have experience with the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.