After Market B.O,V. - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > Solstice GXP Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

After Market B.O,V.

Which of these would you advise I put on?

Synapse (w/ hks adaptor | eBay
Gatorgetter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorgetter View Post
Which of these would you advise I put on?

Synapse (w/ hks adaptor | eBay
I forgot to mention I have a 2009 GXP w/5spd and Trifecta tun.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

What other mods have you made to your engine? Why do you want to install an aftermarket BOV?

One by one, our government is chipping away at our individual liberties. Don't let it happen.
Carpe Diem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Aftermarket B.O.V.

Can ya also help me out on this?
shadowsonic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's stock other than the Tune.
I like the sound.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

We use the synapse on most all of the 2871 turbo installs for several reasons. We are very happy with the response of it, the synapse will dump pressure quicker then the stock bypass valve, the synapse does not leak even at very high pressures and I also like the look of it (personal taste thing).

You can use one on the Solstice/Sky and they are sold with an aluminum weld on flange that can be easily welded to either of the charge tubes, but we typically install it on the drivers side tube if we can.

Hope that helps,
Dave
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

2.4L - Stage 3 Supercharged - 305whp - 93 octane
2.4L - Rotrex Supercharged - 340whp - 93 octane
2.4L - Custom Turbo - 304whp - 93 octane
2.0L - 2871 Hybrid turbo - 371whp - 93 octane
Dave@ddmworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Guys i have Solo center exhaust, highflow cat and trifecta tune with all ic pipes, synapse bov just won't work too quiet I'm looking for something to vent to atmosphere and give me a loud whoooshhh sound

Ideas on ones that do work and what i'd need to get it accomplished without fearing the codes.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to LiquidPT Send a message via MSN to LiquidPT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsonic View Post
Guys i have Solo center exhaust, highflow cat and trifecta tune with all ic pipes, synapse bov just won't work too quiet I'm looking for something to vent to atmosphere and give me a loud whoooshhh sound

Ideas on ones that do work and what i'd need to get it accomplished without fearing the codes.
I seem to recall an issue with an atmosphere vent and the MAF readings...
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
LiquidPT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

dejon intake and dejon BOV replacement spring. makes all kinds of noise.
Magnaflow Exhaust, Dejon CAI, DDMworks IC tubes, Dejon BOV spring, Solo High flow Cat, Trifecta tuned, HAHN Racecraft intercooler, Werks phenolic spacers, Snow stage 3 methanol injection, ASAP carbon fiber kit, fog light and backup light covers.

Album of my mod pics
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

No issues and I vent to atmosphere... HKS SSQV III--- and yes I get the high pitched engine "Queef." It was exactly what I was looking for and I can't complain!
2008 Sly GXP (Z0K) Custom Tune, Dejon Precision 5557B Kit, Wiseco/ARP/K1 Built Bottom End, AEM Meth Injection, SPEC Stage III Clutch, DDMworks Backbone, Kappasphere ReBar, DDM Crossbrace, Custom Front Splitter, HKS SSQV, Norm's ZR-1 fenders, Cobalt SS BBK.

SOLD
Racer_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Racer X - what did you do in order not to get any problems? Which way did you do the hoses? BOV on the right side or left? I can't find the model you have only HKS Super SQV4 also did you use Compressor Bypass Valve Clamp?
Old 02-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

So your telling me you could not find an HKS SSQV III? Internet is a good place to start!

as for a diagram I'll post a pic, but it's kinda small- I'm sure you can blow it up tho.

you will need to install a compression spring from Dejon in your factory turbo so it wont leak at 21+psi. then you just take the boost line off of the factory internal BOV and connect it to your BOV. The line connects from the 3way fitting on the intake mani (the little black box thingy behind the red bar) to the nipple on the back of the BOV.

2008 Sly GXP (Z0K) Custom Tune, Dejon Precision 5557B Kit, Wiseco/ARP/K1 Built Bottom End, AEM Meth Injection, SPEC Stage III Clutch, DDMworks Backbone, Kappasphere ReBar, DDM Crossbrace, Custom Front Splitter, HKS SSQV, Norm's ZR-1 fenders, Cobalt SS BBK.

SOLD
Old 02-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Selling?
Say it isnt so.

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
elff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
So your telling me you could not find an HKS SSQV III? Internet is a good place to start!

as for a diagram I'll post a pic, but it's kinda small- I'm sure you can blow it up tho.

you will need to install a compression spring from Dejon in your factory turbo so it wont leak at 21+psi. then you just take the boost line off of the factory internal BOV and connect it to your BOV. The line connects from the 3way fitting on the intake mani (the little black box thingy behind the red bar) to the nipple on the back of the BOV.
If I'm replacing the stock BOV with another different BOV call me stupid but why change compression spring on the stock BOV if I'm removing it? As for searching online i have found some on ebay
Old 02-24-2013, 03:39 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsonic View Post
If I'm replacing the stock BOV with another different BOV call me stupid but why change compression spring on the stock BOV if I'm removing it? As for searching online i have found some on ebay
Because the stock BOV could still let pressure out, because it was not designed to withstand greater than 18psi! The spring will tighten the stock BOV to ensure it will not leak.

SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.