Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Aftermarket Intercoolers (IC)

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  blackbirdracing 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on AM ICs. I have been setting my car up over the last 2 years for a larger turbo, and I'm at the point now where I need a HFC and IC. I know I'm using Solo for the HFC as they are the ONLY company I would ever buy any exhaust component from!!! But what's everyone's thoughts on the IC makers....

DDM Works
Performance AutoWerks
Hahn
ZZPerformance

I know that I've always had my heart set on a Hahn (I have 2 friends that swear by they for their road race cars). But I can't justify the $150 to $175 more compared with the other 2.... And I know nothing about ZZP. Any thoughts? One of my friends has a buddy that custom builds them and radiators and he said he would custom build one for my car for $650...but I'm not certain I want that as he's never built one for a Solstice(he owns some big name custom radiator building company..can't think of the name right now). I was leaning toward DDM for the money....Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks!!

#2 ·
DDM has a very good one and Autowerks also has a good one at a lower price - that's the one I opted for on a pre-Christmas sale. No complaints and easy install.

DDM has two at $545 for street and $895 (the latter is probably way overkill for normal use but check with Dave.

PAW has one similar to the DDM street version for $525.

#3 ·
I'm happy with my DDM one

#4 ·
I suggest going with the company that has more track records in a kappa than the others do.

#pwerks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.