Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Best Products to Clean GXP Convertible Top

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Sting Ya 
#1 ·
My 08 just purchased GXP is spotless, but I am wondering what the best products and procedures are to clean/protect/preserve the convertible top fabric.

#6 ·
I bought the kit also from RaggTop and did the cleaner with the soft brush, then put 2 coats of the RaggTop protectant. It is recommended by Haartz and I also called RaggTop being that at first the water repelled beautifully and then it did not. When I wash my car, I do not clean the top, if it needs it, I vacuum it. I went ahead per the company suggestion did 2 more coating of the protectant. I did this outside in the sun, per their instruction give by them, letting each coat dry about 30 minutes in between. The first time, I did not leave it out in the sun, I was told that the sun helps with the drying. My top looks brand new. All the best. Enjoy your new car and enjoy it in good health.

#8 ·
The instructions on the protectant say that it takes 48 hours for the micro bonding process to set .I do mine in 2 stages the 1st is the overall top and buttresses I cover the windshield and side glass and trunk with large towels to protect against the over spray .The next day I open up the trunk and mask off the back window and line that area with towels a little bit of work but almost no clean up of over spray. The car will stay in the garage for a couple of days to let this stuff work it's magic . I'll coat it one more time before I store it and this time I'm going to get a large (king size ) sheet ,lift the top so I can cover all the glass then set the top down on the sheet leaving only the trunk portion for my towels it should save me a bit of time and I won't have to deal with towels sliding off .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.