Lower radiator hose replacement??? - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Lower radiator hose replacement???

Anyone know anything about the lower radiator hose replacement...

Either I'm not asking the search question correctly or no one has changed the 2.0 lower radiator hose since the cars came out. Plenty about all the other hoses and volumes on the upper radiator hose 2009 protective sleeve modification.

Lower is: ACDELCO 26643X {#19163257} Professional; Molded (look on Rock Auto) and an expensive piece, not to be silicone.

Have found no reference to aftermarket either. Seems if I'm willing to replace all the other hoses one should be able to replace the lower as well. Is it that difficult? One post asked a question and got no replies. That was years ago.

Since the GXP and I are in this together until "death do us part". I'd like to be as proactive on preventative maintenance as I am with personal medical care.

Thanks in advance for any constructive input.

Richard Snipes, 4501 Safari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:14 PM

Yeah, the bottom hose is expensive, but believe me, the price has actually gone waaaaaaay down. I did the hose replacement thing several years ago and was a little shocked at how proud they were of that bit o' rubber. I've never seen any after market pretty ones or heard of any lower hose failures.

It's sticky!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Any suggestions on replacement as to issues and access to the three ends? Looks like I will have to buy a FSM set to keep this car happy.

Thanks, Richard Snipes

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:12 PM

Nothing specific other than write a check to somebody. Guy we take our cars to said it was one of the biggest pain in the azz hoses he's ever dealt with. Sorry I can't help more.

It's sticky!!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:51 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4501 Safari View Post
Any suggestions on replacement as to issues and access to the three ends? Looks like I will have to buy a FSM set to keep this car happy.

Thanks, Richard Snipes

The manual set is invaluable. There is a digital version available - linked to here on the forum somewhere - but it's no substitute for having the physical volumes when you're wrenching on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, GMPP cat-back, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , Stainless brake lines, slotted and drilled rotors, DDM braces, BR Racing coilovers, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, DDM oil catch can, Autometer boost, water and AFR gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-R HID headlights, GReddy Profec boost controller @ 13PSI, custom A-pillar gauge pod.
In progress: custom fiberglass trunk lid.

Currently on engine #4!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode