Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Thinking if buying a 2008 Solstice GXP

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Wendell Young 
#1 ·
Ok so im looking at a 2008 Solstice GXP with 33,000 miles what would a good price to purchase this at? They are asking 15,000 is that a good deal or can i get them to go lower? I have a few more questions but imma search the fourms some more before I ask them.

#3 ·
I paid 15,500 for my almost mint 07 gap with 12k miles in Dec '13
I say almost because it did have a small door ding that the dealer fixed as part of the sale and my polished wheels are in need of refinishing of the clear coat but I'm looking for OEM Chrome anyway.

So IMO the car you're looking at is priced fair so long as it in very good to excellent condition.
Hope this helps and good luck with your future purchase

Cherer??

#4 · (Edited)
Can't really say without knowing more about how it is equipped, condition, mileage, etc.

Is it a GXP (Turbocharged) or Base (NA)?

Yogi

EDIT: Oops! Just noticed the GXP in the thread title. Sorry!

EDIT #2: Just noticed the mileage in the OP! It's just not my day!

Yogi

#5 ·
Sounds about asking price for the car... Now there are some things to consider when buying this car. First let me say I'm not trying to persuade you into not buying the car. First and foremost that many complain about is the lack of space. You can't carry golf clubs in the trunk. Long trips are kind of a pain if you don't lay you luggage around. Next we come to it's qwerks. Common issues on the car are the waterpump around the 50k mark...and the cost to replace it. About $800. Next common issue is the passenger side airbag problem....although not as common as the waterpump. If you drive it in weather less then 60 degrees, it creaks like an old man getting out of bed. An '07 should have had its battery replaced, but its hard to say. If you aren't handy, plan on paying the dealer about $250 for that. It requires some work to get at it. Now lets move onto maintenance. You MUST use 100% synthetic motor oil. So oil changes can be pricey if you don't do them yourself. About $75-$100 depending on where you go. A car of that age should have ALL of it's fluids changed...brake, trans, coolant and diff fluid. And you should (not necessary if not tuned) run premium fuel. There are more, items but these are the most common.

Now the good.... The car is a blast to drive. The GXP is incredible with the turbo power. You can get added gains by getting it "tuned" for about $200 which will give you added power if the car hasn't already been tuned. The fun of pulling up to a gas pump or up next to someone is really fun. You will always get questions and looks....and most of the time you can hear people talking about how cool the car is!!!

#8 ·
actally car has only 43,000 on it

#10 ·
I drive mine daily. I have no issue....

#12 ·
I bought my 07 almost a week ago, so I'm new to the car myself. I do know quite a few different sports cars though, and out of all of the ones I have driven, in the price range this or my Rx-8 had to have been my favorites. It always makes me smile, and hearing the spool is always a big + in my mind.

#15 ·
bought my 09 GXP last fall for around $22 with 25k on it (Dealer certified with warrenty). Has all the options including the GM performance package. I also had a 2006 I bought new but lost it in an accedent last year. I love this car which is why I bought another one. Once the snow is gone I drive it daily with no problens.

You will love the car but just make sure it was well maintained !!!!

If thats not the one keep looking. They are out there. I had my dealer find mine!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.