Paintless Dent Repair - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Paintless Dent Repair

I always Park away from other cars to try and make sure I don't get any door dings on my 08' Solstice. But the other day I was at a bar and grill parking lot and they had some parallel parking so I took a space. Thinking no door dings.
When I came out the car in front had backed into my baby and folded the leading edge on the hood and also left 3 dimples above the folded crease.
The other car had a rubber bumper so the paint was still intact.
My first thought was crap! Now I'm going to have to have bondo and a take a chance that I will end up with a hood painted with something that may not match or fade faster then the rest of the car. Then I remembered about the PDR guys.
(Paintless Dent Repair).
I had two different PDR guys come out to the house and they both said that it was not possible to fix because the damage was right on the edge of the hood.
Since I was due for a oil change, I took my baby to the Caddy dealer, (Local Pontiac dealers have closed)and also asked for a estimate on the damage. $650.00 bucks. An independent body shop had quoted $550.00.
But someone at the dealer told me about a PDR guy that he thought was the best in the state. (Arizona). I Called and he came out and about 11/2 hours and $140 bucks later he was done.
It was Impossible to see the damage.
I am writing this in the case any folks here have not heard of this kind of service.
Instead of loosing your car for 3 or more days and a lot of money, you can call one of these guys and in a hour or so, and a lot less money you too can fix your baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 12:40 PM

Hello Kappster,

Who did the repair? I'm in north Phoenix -

Thanks,

Lynne
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Lynne,
His business is Called "The Ding Doctor". 623-332-2546. He is Moble. But I think he lives in North Phoenix.
Regards,
Jeff

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 09:31 AM

I may have to give him a call to see if he will come up to flagstaff. I actually tried to call my pdr guy this morning about fixing some dings.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:05 AM

oh hey boyfriend lol.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:09 AM

i hope he fixes my two door dings i probably got from my own brother!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 03:10 PM

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the info! No damage yet (knock wood!) but it's great to have the reference.

I googled the phone number and found their website:
Ding Doctor | PDR - Paintless Dent Removal and Repair in Phoenix Arizona

And this press release:
Ding Doctor AZ Celebrates 5 Years of Success

Lynne
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Your welcome Lynne.
I know what you mean,Its always good to have resources available when you need to have a job done right.
Jeff

Last edited by Kappster; 07-11-2009 at 08:04 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 01:22 PM

I used Ding Doctor's services today...results and review upcoming shortly at this thread.

Mysterious 2007 N/A 2.4. "DarkSol" is the name.

Mods: Billet front grille.
GM mud flaps (front only)
Carolina Custom armrest pads
ASAP Signs & Graphics, Back up Lite Covers
Carbon fiber license plate frame
Solo Mach Split Duals for N/A with Resonator (Amazing Sound! DarkSol now has DeepSol's voice)
GM Cold Air Induction hardware with AEM Dry Cone Filter
Norm's Fiberglass Split Dual Rear Fascia

Lovin' AZ

PONTIAC: "We Used to Build Excitement! Now We Build Nothing"....
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 03:00 PM

Ding Doctor... The Eraser!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDarkSol View Post
I used Ding Doctor's services today...results and review upcoming shortly at this thread.
Ok,
So a week ago yesterday I had a few stops to make. Walmart, then Safeway and maybe another. I always park as far from the freekin' stinkin' maddening crowd to minimize the freekin' stinkin' maddening pain of dingin' up my Sol. (no dings since I brought her home Nov. 06 with now 34K on her.)

I walk up to the passenger side and .......... .......

Anyway, somehow someone with a red vehicle (residue on DarkSol's finish) during the course of my day must have somehow parked next to me on my passenger side, opened their door and ....

They must have driven off immediately after they knew what they had done..because there never was anyone near DarkSol when I parked and when I returned.

Later that day when I came home I immediately went to the forum and searched under "ding" ..found this thread (THANKYOU KAPPSTER!!!!) made note of the Ding Doctor and made an appointment for today. Calin the owner, the wizard of repair came to my place. He did his thing on my door ding. Had to go in from the top of the door with the window down. He has a special wedge and window protector so he could get to the back side of the ding. Was here about an hour or maybe less. When he called me back out to my garage...I WAS SHOCKED!!!!

Check this out!

Before: ( ding just to the left of box reflection)

After: Erased!!

Before: ( I purposely put the reflection of the garage floor seam in the path of the ding for you too see it better.)

After: Totally Erased!!!

I actually took a tape measure before the repair so I could know exactly where the ding resided. I am telling you there is absolutely no way of knowing. I think Dent Doctor's nick name should be "The Eraser".. cause he just erased the damage done to DarkSol and also erased that feeling that has been in my gut for over a week. And at a very reasonable price I might add.

Thanks again Kappster...

And anyone is AZ (especially Phoenix Metro) make note of Ding Doctor..."The Eraser"

Mysterious 2007 N/A 2.4. "DarkSol" is the name.

Mods: Billet front grille.
GM mud flaps (front only)
Carolina Custom armrest pads
ASAP Signs & Graphics, Back up Lite Covers
Carbon fiber license plate frame
Solo Mach Split Duals for N/A with Resonator (Amazing Sound! DarkSol now has DeepSol's voice)
GM Cold Air Induction hardware with AEM Dry Cone Filter
Norm's Fiberglass Split Dual Rear Fascia

Lovin' AZ

PONTIAC: "We Used to Build Excitement! Now We Build Nothing"....

Last edited by AZDarkSol; 07-30-2009 at 08:50 AM.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

AZDarksol,
Your welcome. Its always great to be able to share a great product or service with others.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 01:52 PM

AZDarkSol,

Wow, great photos and great results! Congrats!

Lynne
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 11:16 AM

Just FYI...

If you're in the Kansas City Metro Area, the best guy for PDR is Bill Price. He's an artist at his craft. kcdentding dot com . Highly recommended.

jh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode