Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

SCCA National Championship RunOffs at Mid-Ohio (9/23 - 25)

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  marc4sgr 
#1 ·
I'm participating in the RunOffs at Mid-Ohio next week! I qualified in Touring 4 with my Solstice and my championship race is Friday the 23rd at 5:10pm. I'll be at the track for the entire week and there are races all day Friday to Sunday. I've been around the SCCA my entire life and am very excited to participate in my first RunOffs event as a competitor!! Car prep is complete (nut/bolt check) and included adding brake ducts.

Any chance anyone is planning to attend? Always fun to meet 'internet friends' and put faces to screen names. I've got paddock space in the upper grass on the main upper paddock road. Sharing space with a few other Pontiac racing friends who also run in Touring 4 (another Solstice and a Firebird).

Matt Downing
SCCA - Touring 4
Pontiac Solstice #16

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Week did not go as planned... Bent a wheel on Monday and had one overnighted to the track as a replacement. I'm not good at qualifying, so was really looking forward to the race. Passed 4 cars at the start and was working the 5th when we had contact that ended my race. Broke the rim (yea - the new one) and body damage across the pass. side of the car. Difficult to go from the high of starting, passing, and getting in the racing mode to sliding backwards towards the wall and having it all go away.

I'll post pictures and video later this week. Finally home and unloaded - ready to relax!

#8 ·
Your race car hauler looks awesome!

I was hoping to spend WE at Mid Ohio camping with my son & buddy but our granddaughter's first birthday was Saturday and I had to drive down to Louisville, KY for a Ford Paint Area Mgr's meeting Sunday.

We hope to be there next year and hope you'll qualify to go back next year. I bought a used Solstice Coupe in 2013 and love it. What you are doing with yours is awesome. Would like to do some performance driving sessions with mine in very near future.

Take care!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.