Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Music is quiet on one side

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  rbell2915 
#1 ·
So today I started my car and I noticed that the right speakers aren't nearly as loud as the left ones. The balance has to be halfway towards the right side in order to balance out the sound. What could the problem be? Maybe a new head unit is needed?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#6 ·
aux 1 side plays OK, but not the other

If you are using the aux input for an MP3 player it may be that the player is not actually playing in stereo. I have had (and still have) the same problem of only one side of speakers playing with the MP3. I bought a cord for the MP3 that had two connectors and strangely when using one leg of the cord the player produced sound in one side of the radio speakers and using the other leg of the cord the sound came out of the other side speakers. I have no explanation, but that is what happens. My MP3 player is a pretty old unit so may be part of the problem. However, if I listen to the player with earphones I do have the stereo effect. This probably muddies the water, but that's what's happening with my setup.

Let us know if you come up with a solution. Anyone else having these problems?

grandpop07

#5 ·
Could well be that the Aux input socket is to blame. Try wiggling the cord and plugging/unplugging (while playing). You may find a position that works.

If you are proficient at soldering you could replace the socket. Or you could find a used radio and replace the whole faceplate even more easily. Don't replace the whole radio though, as the replacement will need to be recoded to the car by a dealer.

More faceplate-replace info here: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/...e-radio-faceplate-my-new-sky-usb-radio-62652/

#9 ·
So I bought a CD to listen to on the way home, and I put it in the radio. It was ejected saying there was an error, which made me sad. But on the bright side, the aux option is working perfectly fine now!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.