Pioneer p-3300BT install - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Technical Solstice Discussion > Mods - Audio & Etc.
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Pioneer p-3300BT install

I just installed a Pioneer 3300BT in my GXP with monsoon without onstar. I love the head unit. It works flawlessly with my iphone and the Pandora app built into the radio is awesome. I installed it with the Pac c2r-gm11 interface and the axxess aswc steering wheel control adapter. Also needed an antenna adapter and a double din mounting kit. optional parking brake spoof is good too so I can dial calls from the phone book in the bluetooth part of the head unit. Also the caller id shows up and if they're in your phone book the names come up as well on the touchscreen.

Very easy to install. everything is color coded and you can wire it all up before you install it in the car. Then you only have to plug in two connectors to the factory harness and the antenna and your done.

The ASWC recognized the radio and car but programmed the buttons incorrectly but after manually reprogramming the ASWC everything works great.

My only complaint is that the pac c2r-gm11 interface is very quiet for the turn signals. I can hear them when the radio is off but when driving with the radio on, you cannot hear the click, click of the signal. The seat belt chime is audible though...go figure.

I should have bought the rear camera but I guess that will be a project for next month.

Here is a crummy pic of the finished product. Tom

2003 Millennium Yellow Z06
12.29 @ 116MPH Milan Mi
Fullly Stock -tires, air filter... same as I got it off the lot.
ExtraCrispy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to cartmann32
Did your pac module have a 'set screw' on the box? They usually have those for the turn-signal volume....
Old 04-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

I didn't notice but I will check the next time I pull the dash to install the backup camera. Thanks.

Tom

12.29 @ 116MPH Milan Mi
Old 04-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

are you haveing any issues with air bag or esc errors???

I put in a clarion 9255, and now, im getting all kinds of errors... I'm having to bring it to a friend at a dealership so i dont get the warenty zapped on me!

Dr. Chad V. Romano, DSQT
Sound Quality Team Captain - Epsilon Electronics
Sponsored Teams Asst. Manager
Technical Advisor & Product Advisor

Team Precision Power
Team JBL

SQ Guru / Bass Master PO II
"The Surgeon of Sound"

2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP - ‘Soundwave’

2011 - Spring Break Nationals Champion
2011 - Spring Break Nationals Best of Show - Install
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
soundWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to cartmann32
No issues on my end...i bypassed everything (installed the DVD player before parts were even made yet)
Old 04-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

looks great man.
2010, Cyber Grey - Camaro SS #16234
2009, Pure - Solstice Coupe #339
franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundWAVE View Post
are you haveing any issues with air bag or esc errors???
Did you have any resolution to this?

While trying to reprogram my ASWC with some help from Metra, the DIC flashed "ESC off" and the ENTIRE car went dead. The immobilizer light in the dashboard and check engine light flashed in an alternating pattern. I am virtually positive my keys have been deprogrammed. Both of them. WTF?
thesameguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

No issues except volume but I have yet to look and see if that is adjustable. I love the head unit and the aswc is very easy to program.

Tom

12.29 @ 116MPH Milan Mi
Old 06-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraCrispy View Post
I just installed a Pioneer 3300BT in my GXP with monsoon without onstar. I love the head unit. It works flawlessly with my iphone and the Pandora app built into the radio is awesome. I installed it with the Pac c2r-gm11 interface and the axxess aswc steering wheel control adapter. Also needed an antenna adapter and a double din mounting kit. optional parking brake spoof is good too so I can dial calls from the phone book in the bluetooth part of the head unit. Also the caller id shows up and if they're in your phone book the names come up as well on the touchscreen.

Very easy to install. everything is color coded and you can wire it all up before you install it in the car. Then you only have to plug in two connectors to the factory harness and the antenna and your done.

The ASWC recognized the radio and car but programmed the buttons incorrectly but after manually reprogramming the ASWC everything works great.

My only complaint is that the pac c2r-gm11 interface is very quiet for the turn signals. I can hear them when the radio is off but when driving with the radio on, you cannot hear the click, click of the signal. The seat belt chime is audible though...go figure.

I should have bought the rear camera but I guess that will be a project for next month.
I'll post pics of mine soon.
I didn't do the rear camera (and not really sure I'm interested in that). I did get both the HD Radio and the Nav (avic-u220).
All the complaints about the NAV add-on are correct. I did the 12Million free POI update and it worked flawlessly, but it still feels like there are no POIs there at all. The POIs are really very useless with thing.
And the screen resolution with the NAV isn't that good either.

I knew going in that it'd be better to get a Garmin (quality wise) but to me the built-in feature was more important. I didn't want to have something else plugged into my cigarette lighter and have something sticking on my windshield.

So while the NAV does kinda suck, I'm still glad I've got it. If I ever feel like I'm getting lost, I've got Navigon on my iPhone and will use that. And I can use the iPhone to find stuff and then enter it on the Pioneer. Again, shortcomings - yes, but I knew that going in and I like the cleaner look of everything integrated.

I'm still learning how to use this. I'm LOVING the Pandora integration, especially now that I know how to skip songs. I've also paid for Pandora One so no more commercials.

I did not get the XM or Sirius add-on, but there's only a few stations I really liked on XM and I can mimic them easily with Pandora. I don't feel like I'm missing anything, and Pandora One is a lot cheaper, sounds just as good, and has (to me anyway) a much better selection.

I haven't watched any videos yet (don't worry, I won't when I'm driving) but I do want to test that feature out one of these days. My son may want to watch videos occasionally so I'll have to test that soon.

I've still got a minor volume issue that I'll get fixed soon. But even with that, I can say I'm really satisfied with the upgrade.

This GXP just keeps getting better and better!
Ybrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

This will be my first mod to the 06 Solstice which I purchased 5/11. Old radio sounds like it came out of 70's era car. Has anyone purchased the camera for backing up?
ftr99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

If you are looking to get the nav add-on, look at the x930 from pioneer, a bit nicer setup IMHO and it had nav already.

2008 Cool GXP - Z0K Springs & Sways, 18" Staggered Gravanas, TL/ZKW Headlight Retrofit, Custom 3" exhaust, Custom Intercooler
scoobyless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'll echo what's been said - if you're gonna get NAV, pick a higher end unit. I"m disappointed in the NAV on the p3300bt. I am glad to have everything integrated though. The NAV will suffice, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

My son watched a movie in the car already. I listened, but kept my eyes on the road. Watching the simpson's movie made a fan out of him.

I still haven't adjusted the volume yet. I'm going back to my installed Sunday morning and will get it fixed then. I'm also considering some higher quality speakers. Probably won't decide until the volume is tweaked appropriately.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

x930 is double the price, is it worth twice the cost just for nav? My p3300 was just delivered by UPS.
ftr99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

No. But if you decide to add NAV to the p3300, and you add XM or Sirius, you're almost about the same price.
I found the NAV U220 for the p3300 for $250 (and that was a GREAT price). $300 is even a good price for it. If you add XM, that's almost another $100. both are built into the x930.

If you plan to use a garmin and don't care about the built in NAV, the p3300 should be more than fine.

(I'm probably not the best person to ask yet though. I'll update this thread Sunday after I get my volume levels fixed. Once I get that done, I'm hoping (and expecting) to be raving about how great the P3300 is.)
Old 06-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

OK, Volume levels adjusted. Also replaced the door speakers with some infinity's.

WoW. I'm sure the main improvement was fixing the volume. The speakers are probably better, but I figured since I was getting the volume fixed might as well go all out.

Anyways, WoW. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. I can actually hear the NAV now. And I can crank the stereo and annoy the neighbors again! (No, I don't really do that, but I could if I wanted to!)

So much better. Now I officially really like this upgrade.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.