Pioneer p-3300BT install - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Technical Solstice Discussion > Mods - Audio & Etc.
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #31 (permalink)

Tested. I'm sure my installer did nothing custom with the steering wheel controls. Works perfectly in ipod mode for next and previous song.

The only steering wheel control I don't like is the mute button only functions to change the band when in radio mode. Otherwise everything works just as you'd expect and likely want.
Ybrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #32 (permalink)

That's strange. Mine wont do previous or next for ipod or pandora. I've tried programming it so it controls the radio presets up and down and tuning up and down but neither work on ipod mode? not a big deal but strange.

2003 Millennium Yellow Z06
12.29 @ 116MPH Milan Mi
Fullly Stock -tires, air filter... same as I got it off the lot.
ExtraCrispy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #33 (permalink)

Mine works now. I had to switch it back to tune up and down instead of the presets up and down and now mine works the ipod, usb, and sd. wish it did that with the presets instead of tune up and down but oh well...

2003 Millennium Yellow Z06
12.29 @ 116MPH Milan Mi
Fullly Stock -tires, air filter... same as I got it off the lot.
ExtraCrispy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #34 (permalink)

Yeah, makes the up down almost useless with the radio. But I only have two stations I really listen to so no big deal.

(What I really miss from the stock radio is having all presets from all bands available without having to switch bands. It's a minor pain now switching from FM to AM)
Ybrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraCrispy View Post
I just installed a Pioneer 3300BT in my GXP with monsoon without onstar. I love the head unit. It works flawlessly with my iphone and the Pandora app built into the radio is awesome. I installed it with the Pac c2r-gm11 interface and the axxess aswc steering wheel control adapter. Also needed an antenna adapter and a double din mounting kit. optional parking brake spoof is good too so I can dial calls from the phone book in the bluetooth part of the head unit. Also the caller id shows up and if they're in your phone book the names come up as well on the touchscreen.

Very easy to install. everything is color coded and you can wire it all up before you install it in the car. Then you only have to plug in two connectors to the factory harness and the antenna and your done.

The ASWC recognized the radio and car but programmed the buttons incorrectly but after manually reprogramming the ASWC everything works great.

My only complaint is that the pac c2r-gm11 interface is very quiet for the turn signals. I can hear them when the radio is off but when driving with the radio on, you cannot hear the click, click of the signal. The seat belt chime is audible though...go figure.

I should have bought the rear camera but I guess that will be a project for next month.

Here is a crummy pic of the finished product. Tom
Can you send some more detailed pics of this? I am looking to install this in my 08 GXP. Thank you for posting this.
BUELER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #36 (permalink)

welcome to the forum. i approved your post, but keep in mind that the thread is over a year old and crispy hasn't been online in months, so a response may not be in the cards.
Jeff
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.