Blue Tooth - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Technical Solstice Discussion > Mods - Interior/Exterior Functional/Appearance
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Blue Tooth

Hi All,

I just bought an 06 last month. Of course no owners manuel. Can you tell me how to pair or get the blue tooth working? Thanks!
luvmy06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately 09 was the first year for Bluetooth in the solstice, so your 06 doesn't have that as a feature.

You can search the forums for options to add it.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Add Bluetooth

Search threads, I just added Bluetooth to my 07 by switching out VCIM
ArticSolstice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

You can find the manual for the car here.

http://www.pontiac.com/content/dam/p...ers-manual.pdf
Delivered to dealer May 23th, 2008
Delivered on May 27, 2008

Mods: lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and
Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with Solo hi-flow cat!
Sly Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Don't want to sound stupid here,I would also like to add Bluetooth to my 07 Solstice with the factory installed radio/monsoon system.
What is the VCIM and can you tell me what is all involved to do this.Also I was told (just got this car) that there are 7 speakers,my car has been modified and all I can see is 2 in the door ,2 tweeters and no other speakers so that adds up to 4 ,I know that ther should be one behind the passenger seat (sub ),none in the side panels not to mention that the sub is missing.So I assume that there was once 2 in the side panels along the passenger and drivers seat ,is this correct?
fosti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm actually thinking of getting this then getting everything hardwired in the car.

Belkin AirCast F4U037tt Wireless Bluetooth Car Hands-free Kit - USB - Echo Cancellation - Built-in Microphone - Belkin Corporation. - Phone Accessory - Phones - HookBag

2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

You could also look into OnStar FMV (For my vehicle), which is a self contained unit in a rearview mirror.

Navigation System | Auto Security | Emergency Services | OnStar FMV

(I hope it's ok to post a link there)
Old 05-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

He's right. And I know that the OnStar FMV is being offered at a discount right now. The OnStar.com website has the info https://www.onstar.com/web/fmv/home
SocialLisa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Bluetooth install for 07

Goto gmdirect parts and look up electrical for 09 solstice module numbers are listed for the 09, I believe there are two. then toto Eiss Brothers online in Watertown,NY they can order for you delivered to your door, I believe mine ran me $219 total shipping included. It is an easy install, look up threads and you will see how easy it is to remove the back waterfall, it then literally becomes plug in play replacement for old VCIM. I believe I used 20837492 for the VCIM number
ArticSolstice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.