Eibach Proline...would you do it again? - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Technical Solstice Discussion > Mods - Interior/Exterior Functional/Appearance
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Eibach Proline...would you do it again?

I bought a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs for my Solstice about a year ago and am finally getting around to having them installed. Problem is I am having some anxiety about following through with it. Not exactly sure why...so my question is: Those of you who have installed the Pro-Kit, would you do it again?
DDMWorks Stage II SuperCharged and Trifecta Tuned, DDMWorks Pro-beam, DDMWorks Race Backbone, DDMWorks Coil Cover, Solo Performance SQR-2 Exhaust, Norms Rear Diffuser, Eibach Pro-Kit, MRZ Performance Billet Engine Bay and Trunk lid Covers, Kappashield, Lil' Chromies, Opel GT Antenna

Last edited by scottydel; 12-03-2012 at 10:16 PM.
scottydel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Honestly, I wouldnt do it. It's just going to make your life hell if you daily drive your solstice. I remember having my 350z lowered and I had to creep and crawl over everything and scraping my nose and bashing the underside. This time around I am not going to lower because it's just not worth the 1-2" drop IMO. You know, even though the solstice has some gap in the fender its not worse than say a "ferrari". The cars still looks damn good with stock suspension. My $.02

p.s. not to hijack but how is that supercharger working out? u like? Big difference?
redflash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Around here all the parking blocks are high enough that the front rubs regardless. I constantly have to remind my wife to park short and not wait until the tires contact the block. So far I've been really lucky and only have a couple minor scratches way underneath the nose by the air dam. But I agree, I don't want to be constantly worried about rubbing or scratching, etc. The car is not a daily driver so that helps a bit I guess. Wondering if the front GM mud guards will rub...

Honestly, another concern is just leaving it at the dealership. It's going in to have the friction modifier added to the rear differential fluid and I negotiated the spring installation for $280 which is a good deal in my opinion. I just have nightmares about crushed fenders or reflashed ECM's so it's kinda nerve racking.

The SC makes a huge difference...car now performs like it looks. The crew at DDM are first rate and the kit is easy to install. Love it! Solo exhaust is a bit louder now though so I may have to install the resonators.
DDMWorks Stage II SuperCharged and Trifecta Tuned, DDMWorks Pro-beam, DDMWorks Race Backbone, DDMWorks Coil Cover, Solo Performance SQR-2 Exhaust, Norms Rear Diffuser, Eibach Pro-Kit, MRZ Performance Billet Engine Bay and Trunk lid Covers, Kappashield, Lil' Chromies, Opel GT Antenna

Last edited by scottydel; 12-01-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

I wouldn't have it any other way. I've run the Sportlines (2") daily for the past 50 thousand miles over our overly-****ty roads, horrendously high speed bumps and can't even get into a buddy's complex lot thanks to their speed bumps.

Doesn't bother me, I just park across the street and don't come outside looking at a 4x4 Solstice.

I hate the stock ride height though so that plays into my decision.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2416530/autox2.JPG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2416530/IMAG0064.jpg
idkfa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

I definitely prefer the look of the car when lowered, especially in the rear. I just don't want to go through all the trouble only to regret the decision for practical reasons...although I cant say I bought the car for practicality
Thanks for the reply...
Old 12-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

If you've ever driven a lowered car you understand what you're getting into. It's totally doable and worth it to many.

You're right, I definitely didn't buy it (my only car at the moment) for practicality. I'm actually, finally, looking into a grocery getter that I can also take up the mountains on our snowboarding trips.

I'm thinking a 60's Volvo Amazon wagon would fit that bill perfectly.

edit:Heh, I'd probably lower it a bit too

Last edited by idkfa; 12-01-2012 at 10:14 AM.
idkfa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Lol...I thought my Solstice was already a lowered car hehe...seems like it being 6'2" and all.

Is the ride height the only difference between the Pro-Kit and Sportline springs?

Would love to hear from others who have taken the plunge...pun intended!

Last edited by scottydel; 12-03-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

My solstice is lowered I daily drive it in California in rain and shine and I love the way it looks I only scrape on some speed bumps and drive ways but usually it's alright I would do it again and again and again I actually loved it being low I had half a coil off last month so now it's even lower lol
White hurst shift knob
Custom Rims size 18x8 and a 1/8th spacer in the front to clear the caliper
Blacked out grilles
Debadged
Blacked out arrows
Audio:
Some jvc radio thing
with single din storage
Kappasphere parts:
Kappa springs
Kappa luggage rack
On the way:
Home made WR
Front lip splitter
Tinted windows 5%
Backbone
Rebar
TURBO INCOMING
John_Salgado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for the responses! Keep'em coming...anyone who has installed the Pro-Kit have issues or insights they want to share. Do the factory mud guards cause issues?

Last edited by scottydel; 12-03-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

I don't have the lower kits, I cut my stock springs and love it. Still rides good and is lower about 2". Would definitely lower any car in the future

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

never knew they made proline, i thought it was just prokit & sportline, anyways i have sportlines on mine and wouldnt go back to stock
Antenna Delete
Eibach Sportlines 2" Drop

Future Mods:
Trifecta Tune
Solo Performance Street-Race
Hahn Intercooler
Slik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks Slik...can't figure out how to edit the thread title...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.