Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Exhaust Sound Clip Page

74K views 72 replies 30 participants last post by  Jim H 
#1 · (Edited)
I hope this can help others who are wondering what some of the different exhaust sound like. This includes exhaust systems for both the N/A and GXP. I, personally, have had the SOLO MACH, SOLO Street Race, Magnaflow, SOLO SQR-2, and currently the SOLO RCD-II and SOLO HF Cat all installed on either my first N/A Solstice and now my current GXP. Feel free to add more links to this page if you have other videos or sound clips. I added a humorous burnout clip also where the guy stalls out his new Saleen Mustang. It's pretty amusing.

SOLO Performance SQR-1 on N/A Solstice-Idle and Rev
SOLO Performance SQR-1 on N/A Solstice- Drive By
Magnaflow Dual GXP Exhaust- In Cabin Driving
Saleen Mustang Burnout in Competition
SOLO Performance Street Race Exhaust- Through Gears
SOLO Performance RCD-II GXP Exhaust- Idle and Rev (OEM Cat)
Magnaflow Dual GXP Exhaust- Drive By
SOLO Performance RCD-II Exhaust with SOLO High-Flow Cat
BSR Tuned- Spirited Driving
RMR Exhaust- Idle, Rev, and Drive By
RMR Exhaust- Drive By
RMR Exhaust- Driving Towards Camera
B & B Exhaust
B & B Exhaust with DDM Supercharger
SOLO Performance Street Race Exhaust with SOLO HF Cat
SOLO Performance Race Exhaust
SOLO Performance MACH Exhaust
SOLO Performance SQR-2 Exhaust- Under Car View
SOLO Performance SQR-2 Exhaust- Revving
LS-7 Solstice at Idle
N/A Solstice with GXP Dual Exhaust
RPI Exhaust with RPI Intercooler and Intake
RPI GT Exhaust- Launch
SOLO Performance SQR-2 Exhaust- In Cabin
Solstice with Tri-Y Header, HF Cat, and Magnaflow 3" Exhaust
SOLO Performance GXP RCD Exhaust Kit- Driving
SOLO Performance GXP RCD Exhaust- Revving on Mean
SOLO Performance MACH Shorty and SOLO HF Cat
LS-1 Solstice Exhaust- Idle and Rev
SOLO Performance MACH Shorty and SOLO HF Cat- Idle and Rev
SolScuba's Setup- Eaton MP62 Supercharger, Clear image 4-2-1 Long Tube Header, Clear Image HF Cat, Magnaflow 3" Dual Cat Back Exhaust, FloPro Resonator- Idle and Revving (thanks Scuba)
Collection of Various Exhausts Including Kappasphere and Stock with Flowmaster Muffler
SOLO Performance MACH Duals with Midstream Resonator for the 2.4(also with GM CAI)
Archie V8 Solstice
LS-7 Solstice- Drag Strip Run
Opel GT with Magnaflow Quad Exhaust and SOLO Performance HF Cat- Revving
Mikep77's Performance Autowerks 3" Exhaust for GXP
DarkSol's SOLO Performance MACH Dual with Midstream Resonator for 2.4 Solstice- Under Car Set-Up
SOLO Performance SQR-2 with Headers- Dyno Pull
SOLO Performance SQR-2 with Headers and HF Cat- Driving
More Driving with SQR-2, HF Cat, and Header
SOLO Quad Tip Exhaust with MACH Shorty and HF Cat- Revving
SOLO Quad Tip Exhaust with MACH Shorty- Driving
SOLO Quad Tip Exhaust with MACH Shorty- Driving Around Town Near the MECCA
MEGASGT - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
GMPP GXP Catback Exhaust- Revving and Start-Up
Endisky's 2.4 RPI GT Exhaust- Automatic (Revving)
Endisky's RPI GT Exhaust on the 2.4- Drive By
MBRP GXP Exhaust System
Mallett 427 Twin Turbo Solstice
Mallett LS7 Single Turbo Solstice
Werks LS2 Solstice
Mallett Saturn Sky V8
Mallett Saturn Sky V8 on a Private Road
MBRP Exhaust Sound Reduction Using Inserts
ChuckDoc's GXP with SOLO MACH and SOLO High-Flow Cat- First Start-Up
Toyota Supra and Honda Civic with NOS- Spirited Driving (Funny as Hell!)

Visit this link for SOLO Performance Exhaust Clips only!

If you send me links to your clips via PM or a post in this thread, I will add it to this post.

Steve

See less See more
#9 ·
#13 · (Edited)
#14 ·
I hope this can help others who are wondering what some of the different exhaust sound like. This includes exhaust systems for both the N/A and GXP. I, personally, have had the SOLO MACH, SOLO Street Race, Magnaflow, SOLO SQR-2, and currently the SOLO RCD-II and SOLO HF Cat all installed on either my first N/A Solstice and now my current GXP. Feel free to add more links to this page if you have other videos or sound clips. I added a humorous burnout clip also where the guy stalls out his new Saleen Mustang. It's pretty amusing.

[If you send me links to your clips via PM or a post in this thread, I will add it to this post.

Steve
Solo Mach Split Duals with midstream resonator for 2.4 NA. Start up and drive by video..

Also can hear the GM CAI when backing out onto street.

Solo exhaust is from stock cat back.

#15 ·
I know I'll get a load of flames for this but anything other than a stock exhaust on a Solstice just sounds like another rice burner. I can't stand it.:barf:

#16 ·
I wouldn't say it sounds like a rice burner, far from it.
It is different though. The good thing is that you CAN make get them so they are not so loud. They key is performance. The sound is like deciding what color you want to paint your house, you want the house but ya just not sure if you like that bright orange paint job!

;)

#18 ·
They do not sound like a rice burner at all IMO. I think I actually heard one exhaust through that whole mix that I didn't like, and it was raspy. Could have been the video recording, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

IMO, they don't sound like v6s or v8s but they sound like very aggressive four cylinders. I would match them to the tone of a Neon SRT-4 actually. It's the only car I've ever heard that actually sounds like ours. Cobalt SS's sound like crap or at least every single one of them I've heard. And any other four cylinder is from Japan or China. Something about the resonanace of those motors :puke:

#26 ·
The Moderators should make this thread a sticky. Obviously a lot of work went into the original post and others will find this resource valuable for years to come. :yesnod:

GREAT JOB SPIKY! :cool: :cool: :cool:

#29 · (Edited)
#36 ·
I've been pretty sick lately but I've got some audio projects involving my GXP and exhaust sampling to get back to soon hopefully. Going to try to do some quality recordings of the SOLO Street/Race and then some of it in 2 different configurations plus a stock car and maybe the SOLO Race too.

#65 ·
Those familiar with this exhaust system I have a few questions:
1) how similar (in sound) is the 2.4 GMPP exhaust to this version?
2) is this kit compatible with the 2.4L?
3) any performance gains?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.