Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

GPS mount that doesn't suk

10K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  omw41 
#1 ·
I need to get my garmin gps off the windsheild. There just isn't enough glass for me and it work things out. I hate to stick the plastic circle to the dash. The vent mounts suk. I could fabricate something from aluminum but I don't know where I'd put a bracket. Is there anything else to use?

#3 ·
Check Pro Clip USA web site--there is a Solstice specific bracket and then a GPS specific holder.

#4 ·
I have my Garmin Nuvi mounted in the bottom left corner of the windshield... from where I sit, the only thing it blocks is a view of the hood... no real visibility blocked...

#5 ·
I mounted mine in the same location but used a flex mount and lowered it. you can see the mount below the gauge pods

#6 ·
I found the best placement for me is to actually stick my Garmin's suction mount on the side window. It basically is just right of the side view mirror for me. Much prefer this position to ever mounting it on the front windshield anywhere.

I hear pro-clip works quite well, but considering their high prices, and the plain-jane finish, it's a hard sell for me.

#10 ·
Using some homemade brackets and velcro...

the sucky part is there is velcro on the dash, and the fan control is hard to operate.

#13 ·
I'm with LiquidPT. Mounting to the lower left of the windshield doesn't obstruct your view.

#14 ·
I agree it close to touch and out of sight (kinda)

#17 ·
Another vote for Proclips. Works great on my Sky, plus I have Moveclip adapters so I can easily move the GPS to other vehicles.

#18 ·
I think I might just build something into the center console by the emerg brake. I picked up another piece to work with....maybe make one out of metal with a space for the GPS and some extra power outlets.

Does the center piece just pull off?

#22 ·
Didn't see a specific mount for the Solstice.

#24 ·
I need a decent GPS mount more than the airbag notice. If there's something solid behind that plate to which I could affix a mounting arm, my GPS could lie flush against the dash, powered via that hole. Neat, good location. Seems like a fine solution...

Is there anything behind that airbag plate that's solid and drillable?

#26 ·
#28 ·
Look up the thread by Blackbirdracing titled "Leather Phone Mount". It is about the Kuda Mount. You will see pictures of mine. I have two clip on mounts...one for the smartphone and one for my Garmin GPS. Works and looks great. One of the best mods I have done!:thumbs:

#31 · (Edited)
I use this mount which fits into the cupholder on the passenger side footwell.

Works for me without blocking any visibility from the windshield. I also have another clip which mounts to the cigarette lighter which I use for my Note 2

So I can have navigation and smartphone apps running at the same time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.