Hood & front bumper Saturn Sky swap - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Technical Solstice Discussion > Mods - Interior/Exterior Functional/Appearance
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hood & front bumper Saturn Sky swap

Hey Everyone, I'm relatively new here and I'd like to say Hello!

I've been looking to see if this has/can be done....

I'm sorry if I have missed the thread if one is existing but, is it possible to swap the front of a sky onto the solstice?

I can't figure out if the look would work but I wouldn't mind seeing the best of both worlds if it exists (the solstice rear with the saturn's front).

And if it hasn't been done, is there a likely chance any the bumper and hood would fit?
mattvmani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm sure others will chime in, but yea it's been done once (or twice??). You can type Skystice in the "Google Custom Search" at the top left of this page to get all the threads about this. It wasn't a simple swap and required alot of additional work but is possible if you want to go that far.

Here's the car domain for the original "Skystice" complete with a bunch of pictures.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/243258...tiac-solstice/

A good look!
2007 Yamaha R6
Silects is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Never liked it myself but to each his own. Thats why I own a Sol. Others Sky's
tazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Awesome, thanks so much guys! I completely forgot about that variation of the name.

I like the look but it seems like an awful lot of trouble to fit. Honestly my biggest gripe with the solstice is the front bumper and lights, they're not terrible but I wish there were more options to add such an aggressive front end.

Thanks again
mattvmani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to LiquidPT Send a message via MSN to LiquidPT
Not as easy as it sounds. I quizzed the Skystice owner about it at one point because I like the Sky fenders and doors. The cars are different widths, so the body panels don't line up. You need to do a BUNCH of work to get this right.
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
LiquidPT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

The way I see it, if I wanted a Sky, I would have gotten a Sky instead of my Solstice. But the Skystice builder did a great job converting, but to each their own likes.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah- you need the doors, the hood and supports, the fenders, the headlamps, the foglamps, the bumper, and all of the trimmings (mirrors, bumper support, all the plastic stuff).

I personally couldn't stomach that cost without any performance to go with it! so I commissioned these and have never looked back
2008 Sly GXP (Z0K) Custom Tune, Dejon Precision 5557B Kit, Wiseco/ARP/K1 Built Bottom End, AEM Meth Injection, SPEC Stage III Clutch, DDMworks Backbone, Kappasphere ReBar, DDM Crossbrace, Custom Front Splitter, HKS SSQV, Norm's ZR-1 fenders, Cobalt SS BBK.

SOLD

Last edited by Racer_X; 01-02-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Racer_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

RACER-X, I WON'T YOUR FRONT SPLITTER!!! Need the info on how you made that happened? LoL!
STEREO: ALPINE SPS-610C, PRECISION POWER 8"
DEBADGED
A.E.M: COLD AIR INTAKE
MAGNAFLOW: DUAL EXHAUST
GXP PARTS: BUMPER, SPOILER, FULL FE3 SUSPENSION
EIBACH SPRINGS: SPORT LINE
KAPPASPHERE: REBAR
DDMWORKS: RACE BACK BONE
NORMS FIBERGLASS: DUAL REAR DIFFUSER
ASAP.DIGITAL.IMAGING: SLOTTED BACK UP LIGHTS,SIDEMARKERS,THRID BRAKE LIGHT,TRANSFORMER OVERLAYS
It's not just a car, it's a lifestyle and a community.
SOLSTICE-D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 03:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattvmani View Post
Awesome, thanks so much guys! I completely forgot about that variation of the name.

I like the look but it seems like an awful lot of trouble to fit. Honestly my biggest gripe with the solstice is the front bumper and lights, they're not terrible but I wish there were more options to add such an aggressive front end.

Thanks again
Well, I'm not sure how aggressive you're looking for. I'd throw up pictures but I don't have my laptop with me today. Some alternatives are...

-RK Sport front bumper
-Norm's F430 front bumper
-Aftershock/Solster's Recessed Grills (when they're available) with Norms Front Lip Splitter

Moving on from simply the front bumper...Norm has 2 front fender styles available. Solster did a front fender (when it's available again). DDM works front fender. Then there's a few hoods. Norms Formula & GTO hoods or the RK sport hood.

Hood and bumper combos change the front of the car pretty dramatically and have been a good argument point about ruining the lines of the car lol for quite some time here. I like all the different looks, take a look around!

Edit: Here's a link to a 3 year old post of mine with front end options available at the time. More to choose from these days but at least it's got pics. Gxp body kit?
2007 Yamaha R6

Last edited by Silects; 01-03-2013 at 03:27 AM.
Silects is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattvmani View Post
Honestly my biggest gripe with the solstice is the front bumper and lights, they're not terrible but I wish there were more options to add such an aggressive front end.

Thanks again
I hear ya. The bucktooth front grill was too tame for me as well. There are many options, as stated previously, but Norms is awesome and fits really well. Just make sure you clear bra it after paint, as the fiberglass doesn't stand up to rock chips well.

Also Trax makes projector lights for the Solstice, if you want to go that route.

My Garage http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/garage/1132
King-Oka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

gaw-damn those bumper lights are ugly on that skystice, solsky, whatever it is. Just because you had them left over from your old solstice bumper doesnt mean you should use them in a totally different bumper. Use sky bumper lights.
ophidia31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidia31 View Post
gaw-damn those bumper lights are ugly on that skystice, solsky, whatever it is. Just because you had them left over from your old solstice bumper doesnt mean you should use them in a totally different bumper. Use sky bumper lights.
Each to his own. I like em

My Garage http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/garage/1132
King-Oka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #13 (permalink)

Hello, pretty sure hes talking about the Solstice fog lights on his Skystice, not your 430 bumper which when blackout they look very nice in the grille area.

The Skystice, DONT do it. It may look good from 10ft. But unless you want to spend a lot of money it doesnt look good underneath up close.
I took the the Skystice apart and brought it back to a Solstice, so I know.
normsf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Another front bumper swap

Another aggressive looking bumper swap is the diamondback kit. Here is a link for it. http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...-2-795x529.jpg
My_Black_SOL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.