Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Need Help with replacing door lock knobs

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TomatoSoup 
#1 ·
I have been searching for the correct replacement door lock knobs on the internet and honestly cannot find any that say they will for sure fit a 2009 Solstice.
Can anyone post a link to knobs they have ordered that will work? I very much appreciate any help or tips on doing the actual replacement too. Thanks!

#2 ·
I'm assuming you mean the lock pulls at the top of the doors...

Ones that you KNOW will work, are these: Lil' Chromies*

But anything you use has to be the parallel/cylindrical type (as the inner door has to be slid up and off/over the pulls if ever removing it) and you might have to drill out the inner hole to fit. For example, I got some old VW ones off ebay for my car years ago, but had to drill them to fit.

As for removing old, they are a push fit onto a barbed post. You need a pair of pliers and serious grunt to pull them off, and you'll destroy them in the process. Replacements (like the Lil' Chromies above) will need to be glued on.

#4 ·
Dave, were the knobs listed as a separate part, or as part of the rod and knob assembly? If the former, it stands to reason (but of course one can't always rely on that) that the factory intended the knobs to be a serviceable part which presumably just pushed on over the barbs on the post and wouldn't have needed to be glued.

Which in turn makes me wonder why the after market replacements weren't set up to do the same thing....maybe Dave at DDM found it easier to have them machined in metal (which wouldn't drive over the barbs) than to have some sort of insert that would push over the barbs.

Oh well - the unique trim stuff is always the first to go as far as availability is concerned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.