Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  BellaVerde 
#1 ·
I am a new member after purchasing a 2008 Brazen Orange Base model. God I love this car!! This is my late middle age crisis! I have read a lot of posts and got some great mod ideas already. I have a question about having splash guards painted to match the body color? I thought I saw a post with a set painted Inferno Orange and that looked like a good match, but can't seem to find it again. Anyone have a Brazen with splash guards painted?
Thanks in advance for any info and glad to be a part of a great community of loyal Solstice owners!!!

#4 ·
welcome...

#5 ·
NO NO NO!!! This car has NOTHING to do with a mid-life crisis!! (That's what I told my wife when she expressed concerns that people would think that of her when we bought our Solstice!)

Soup?? Do you have painted splash guards? Help the brother out!

#6 · (Edited)
First off let me welcome to the forum as for painting the splash guards there are two ways to go about this first take them to a body shop and have them do it or go to AutomotiveTouchUp .com and order a can of matching paint ,and the adhesive primer that they sell cost you less then 50 bucks and whatever you have left over you can use for touch up. I have used this stuff and it's a dead on match thanks to T.S .for turning me on to this site. As for your midlife crisis enjoy it I have been enjoying mine since 2010! Just wanted to add if you are getting the splash guards your best bet is the GM version Crate Engine Depot sells them ,when I installed mine I put a piece of black door edge guard (you can get it at auto parts stores) on the inside edge of the guard where it meets the body the guards are fairly stiff but they still have movement and this protects the paint from being rubbed off .

#13 · (Edited)
Cmccomb1. Welcome to the forum and you have the best color ever. TS has steered you to that recent revived thread. I saw that too and it looks like for a while you could order the color but I don't see any available now in Inferno (Brazen). I was just looking into painting some stock black ones too so thanks Sting ya.

Solo Dio
08 Solstice GXP Brazen / Inferno Orange

#14 ·
Welcome to the forum. You'll never even know there was a mid-life crisis (assuming there is one) if you have a Kappa to play with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.