Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Project Black Out, Phase 1 - JayIndy's Solstice GXP

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  JayIndy 
#1 ·
Hello all, just wanted to throw up a few pics on the latest mods to the second child. I am a huge fan of blacking out cars, and Plasti-Dip is my favorite scientific invention of the past 20 years. I have used it on my bike, my old FJ, and my wife's cherokee. It wasn't around back when I had my first Solstice. Anyhow, I had the car for 2 days before I broke out the tape and spray. I did the wheels, the handles, and the A pillar. I am debating on doing all the badging, or just removing the badges all together. Also not sure about the B pillar. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how the car looks.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/...-second-time-around-picture471-after-side.jpg

More pictures here:

Solstice GXP - Imgur

#2 ·
I like it. You going to do the tulip panel?

I started banishing chrome / silver from my car many moons ago. The shift boot trim ring is red, the hand brake is red / black / flames. When I replaced the steering wheel with a red / black leather unit from a Sky I had the button trim painted red. I still have the trim pieces on the door switches to go but its on the list.:lurk:

#3 ·
I am thinking I will do the tulip panel as well, just want to make sure if anything is going to rub against it when putting the top up and down first. I don't really want to use paint, rather plasti-dip, so I have the same look/texture as the rest of the mods, and not to make any permanent changes to that section.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.