879K views 4K replies 187 participants last post by  G-Ram 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
More Punisher Pics

Attachments

#6 ·
I liked the second one. The first was pretty weak and the third one was way too much blood and guts vrs any actual story line.

#9 ·
Talked with Dave this morning. The Ls3 has been test fitted into the car and the custom motor mounts are being cut. I believe that these will form part of a future kit that may be offered. Should be interesting.

Will share pics when I get them. Probably after Christmas

#11 ·
Dropped off the PunisherPontiac.com trailer at Chipmagic yesterday afternoon. They are dissassembling it so it can be appropriately painted in Punisher Black and Red with logo's and flames! And of course the wheels will be printed to match the car.

Attachments

#12 ·
New custom badge

In working with Alex at Blackcatcustom.com I found out that he can do more than custom gauge faces. He can also make custom badges.

He has a separate commercial machine to make badges, but he can also make them using the same process as the gauge faces.

He has made me a set of custom badges for the Punisher F150 and is working on a set for Punisher.

The Punisher badges are based on the first GTO I had back in 68 while the F 150 badge is loosely based on the Texas Edition badge that Ford produces.

Attachments

#16 ·
When Dave says it's done. The current effort is directed to finalizing the design of the electrical cable from the ECM to the motor. Since he is using Punisher as the development / test bed for the final design, he is taking his time to build design documentation as he fans the parts needed so the result will be production ready. When he gave me the last update he was waiting on delivery of some connecters.

I am guessing another two weeks.

#18 ·
Gauge Cluster First Pictures

While waiting for Dave to send Punisher home, I have been working on the Black Cat Custom gauge cluster design that Alex created for Punisher.

It is blacked out, so the numbers do not show when the lights are off at a show. But he also found super bright LEDs (orange of course) that light them up when on. Here it is waiting to go back into the car.

Thanks Alex, it looks great!

Attachments

#19 ·
WindRestricter License Plate

I have been trying to get some good pictures of the custom license plate that Stephan created for me but its not been easy.

Here are a couple I got this afternoon.

Thanks to WR and KPI

Attachments

#20 ·
I have been trying to get some good pictures of the custom license plate that Stephan created for me but its not been easy.

Here are a couple I got this afternoon.

Thanks to WR and KPI
they both do fantastic work ... just some more finishing touches for Punisher ... hopefully it won't be much longer before she's back home :)

#22 ·
Painted Tails

I did not want to waste an opportunity . . . . so I got my cutting wheel out and disassembled my spare set of tail lights. Joey painted the front portion, above the lights, black with flames to match the stripes. Then he painted the rear portion Punisher red with the logo. I have one side reassembled but no pics yet.

My perliminary testing shows that the spiderlights fully illuminate the punsher logo through the red outer plastic quite nicely.

Attachments

#24 ·
From some angles your paint almost looks anodized or chromed. Very cool.

#26 ·
The paint changes color with the light. Bright full sun makes it look copper. Some sun turns it bright red. The high reflectivity is due to 5-7 coats of Jeffs spray on clear bra. It is so thick that you can see the depth when up close.

#25 ·
Too Cool

I don't know Rob..this may be too cool for a Tanker:cool:. You might have to put on your Stetson and spurs before you drive this beauty... even though the 'Punisher' concept is kind of appropriate for an Armor guy!

#31 ·
Dave says "soon". I know it has run successfully, they were working on cleaning up some of the wiring and he wants to do some more tuning of the sound? of the exhaust.

I am expecting Punisher will be home by the middle of May. But then he has to go back into the shop at Chipmagic to get the front end repainted and the new painted dash installed, and the newly painted windshield surround installed and . . . I am trying to get the car ready for the first big show of the season in June just before the trip to the Nationals.:grouphug: