Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Punisher

879K views 4K replies 187 participants last post by  G-Ram 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Attachments

See less See more
#1,795 · (Edited)
Talked with the concrete contracter. Definitely coming Wednesday. Or Thursday. For sure this week!

Definitely maybe Wednesday. Unless it rains some more then might be Thursday.

#1,796 ·
So the concrete guy was supposed to show up today, Wednesday. No show.

I called him last night and reminded him that he was supposed to call me last night, Tuesday to make sure we were there to meet him today, Wednesday. Because he was definately coming today, Wednesday. Or Thursday. Definately Wednesday but if not then Thursday.

Since he did not call last night and did not answer his phone we did not confirm that it was NOT Wednesday until he did not show up on schedule today, Wednesday.

So I called him . .. again, today Wednesday and . .. he did not answer his phone. So I left a message. Stating that I needed to confirm when he was actually showing up or I would have to make other arangements.

He strangly found out how to call in about five minutes and said that he was definately, for sure, absolutely showing up at our house at 7am . . . Friday.

:lurk::lurk::lurk:

#1,799 ·
Rob.

You stated that you are replacing the air filter in order to move the top of your radiator forward. Dave says that they move the BOTTOM of the radiator forward in order to direct air flow better under the car. If you do the opposite, won't that affect air flow negatively?

#1,800 ·
Because of the March Performance front end on my build, the entire radiator needs to move forward to allow clearance for the dual fans and shroud. Currently there is about 2 inches of clearance. So the entire radiator will have to both pivot forward at the bottom, producing downward air flow, and move forward at the top to provide enough clearance for the back side shroud. The limitation at the top is the distance between the front of the AC condenser and the bumper structure. When I move the top of the radiator forward it reduces the available space at the top for the air cleaner. By going to the C6 factory air cleaner I save at least 2 inches and potentially as much as 3 inches in that area.

#1,801 ·
#1,803 ·
On the bench it measures 4 inches. But about a half inch is the edges of the shroud. I can get some of that back.

Also, as you showed in your pictures, the fans are toward the bottom of the radiator so the clearance needed at the top is probably closer to 2 and a half or 3 inches.

#1,806 ·
My lovely wife and I worked long and hard this weekend but the Punisher garage is back in order. On Tuesday I will be installing the lift in its new home. This weekend Punisher will be coming home. Now I need to come up with the money to pay for the updated paint on the Dragon!

Attachments

#1,807 ·
Updated the wheels on the Punisher Edition F150. We painted the natural metal finish rims gloss white. The metal was discoloring and starting to pit due to the winter road conditions. The white is getting a LOT of attention.

It looks like new bling for the truck!

Attachments

#1,808 ·
Cleaning out my camera

Here are a few pictures I found worth keeping.

Attachments

#1,809 ·
Last night I wrestled the lift into its new home. Moving anything that weighs in at 800+ pounds can be "interesting"

The height came out just about perfect which is surprising considering we are working with concrete. The lift arms, yellow in the picture, are high enough that I can rotate them into position without having to raise the lift. And the lift structure is totally below grade. You can see in the side view picture how much protrudes above the level of the racedeck flooring.

I would love to take credit however it all belongs to the concrete guys who did a great job.

Attachments

#1,811 ·
No it's Lifty.:)

Rob, any new glamor shots of Punisher? With so much thats been done I'm only seeing close up shots and not a full picture

PS: the 2000 post race is getting closer. What can we win this time?

#1,813 · (Edited)
Well, I do have new key chains, bumper stickers, hats, and pens. Also 2015 calendars.

How about winner gets to chose?

#1,812 ·
May bad those are new pics I have not seen. Your Painter as always does great work.

#1,814 ·
The Dragon is at the painters currently. New wheels being painted, and removing the chrome from the tails.

#1,815 ·
Here are a few pics from this weekend. I picked up a flag for car shows and then everyone else in the club went and bought one too! So I came up with a new solution!!

Attachments

#1,816 ·
The new Punisher V8 wind restrictor in the car

Attachments

#1,817 ·
Coming home on the Punisher F 150 ride

Attachments

#1,818 ·
The additions, tweaks and refinements continue to keep Punisher at the top!

#1,824 ·
Some pics from the weekend

Jazz and Punisher hanging out in the garage

The new fender lights lighting up the night

And the latest order of bumper stickers with the new logo

Attachments