Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Rear bumper removal?

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  RandL711 
#1 ·
Good morning! Just wondering if anyone has some hints on how to remove the rear bumper on a 2007 2.4 Solstice. I replaced the single pipe exhaust with a dual pipe SOLO kit and ordered a dual pipe fascia/valance from SKSports. Silly me... I assumed it would go back on the same way the factory fascia came off... but no. I need to raise the rear, set it on jack stands, and remove the rear tires and bumper. I hydro dipped the new valance with a black and red snake skin and chrome mesh and just need to install it. I see one bolt on the hard foam bumper in the rear, but are there more? I prefer to attack this armed with some knowledge first. Thanks in advance.

Rand in Northern Wisconsin:smile2:

#3 ·
If you do have to remove the rear bumper there are several 7 mm screws on the top lip of the cover that need to come off then you will also have to remove or at least pull back the rear interliners and access and loosen ( you don't need to remove them completely) the 3 10 mm nuts on each side of the cover (once loosened you can pull the side of the cover outward to remove) plus remove the 2 7 mm screws from the same area ( they are a pain to get out) Removing the tail lights will also help. Strange that the new fascia doesn't just fit back like the old one but I have never done one from RK Sports.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.