Saturn Sky Front End Conversion - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Technical Solstice Discussion > Mods - Interior/Exterior Functional/Appearance
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2008, 10:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Saturn Sky Front End Conversion

Hello everyone. I am a new owner of a 2006 Solstice and loving it so far. However, I have to admit that I come from the SEMA circuit and whenever I look at a car, the first thing I do is think about how to make it different. My last car was featured in over 20 different national and internation magazines and was even featured on speed vision. It was a custom wide body eclipse with a first ever G35 taillight conversion and first ever IS350 headlight conversion. This brings me to the Solstice.

Here is the situation. I am not a huge fan of the front end. The front end is probably the single most complaint I have read all over the internet as well when it comes to the solstice compared to the sky. My question is, since it is essentially the same body on both the cars, is it possible to put the sky front end (hood, front bumper, headlights, possibly front fenders) with out any additional modification. At that point, you would have the beauty of the sky front end, with the great rear and interior of the solstice.

Also, as an fyi, I am not a logo person, so all Pontiac and/ or saturn logos will be removed. I know this sounds like more work then it is worth, but just curious if it is possible or if anybody has tried.

Thoughts?
elite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Look at jinksogu's car. He did the conversion on his skystice. It took alot of work from what I hear, but it came out very nice. Norms fiberglass makes the f430 front end and a number of rear diffusers.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2661209

Solstice parted out and I'm off the forum. Pm me if you need something.
madmods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2008, 10:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

As MadMads mentioned, what your thinking of has already been done, so you won't be the first. I don't know if that is your aim or not, but judging from your intro, I would guess it is.

Good luck with whatever you come up with. It is always nice to have new ideas on the site!

Here is a thread on the Car MM was talking about.

"SKYSTICE" Update.. NEW NEW NEW
Yamatr3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2008, 12:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jinsoku3g
I did the conversion about a year and a half ago, just out of curiousity, what color was your eclipse?? i used to show my old widebody eclipse across the country as well, lol.. I thought going into it that the overall body shape looked about the same on both cars.. once i got all the sky parts.. i was quite wrong.. the sky sits much fatter than the sol on many points, especially towards the bottom of the ferrings.. i had to rebuild my own body lines on both the hood and the door to make them match up correctly, even the hood comes about 2 inches shorter than the sol's.. alot of custom frame work under the ferrings had to be done to keep structure as well.. the wiring.. well thats anoyhter project we had lol..

if i had to do over.. i wish i had known how much work really needed to be done.. if your building for sema... should see ya there

before i went crazy on the sol, i was thinking about the "G" headlights, as well as 350z tails.. the front of the sol allows more play than the sky's does.. i would recommend making your own kit all around the solstice, MAYBE a headlight conversion.. shop around for a solstice with black housing headlights.. it really gives the car a more aggressive look.. if you have the money and want the sky conversion, i would say go for it.. PM me if u need any help, but honestly, i would go with all original ideas with your sol!! Good Luck!

-jinsoku3g
Old 07-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

If you want to be first at something, buy the ViS carbonfiber hood and take some pictures
Old 07-06-2008, 12:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

i heard they look amazing.. why isnt anyone jumping on that?? i cant find one for the sky..
Old 07-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks guys for the input, it really helps put it into prospective.

For the Solstice, I am not looking to do any one-offs like I did with my Eclipse. I went beyond the extreme with that, and don't know if I am looking to get that wild with this one. This car more then likely will not be going to SEMA either.

I just like the front look of the sky and figured it might be easier and not require much fabrication. I was obviously wrong.

Thanks for everyones input.

Just for fun, here is a picture of the Eclipse I built here in Atlanta. I sold it a few years ago to a guy in Arizona, and he is touring it around the show circuit claiming it to be all of his work. But whatever, his check cleared for the car, so he can do whatever he wants with it. LOL.

Enjoy.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hello looks wild, thanks Norm norm's fiberglass home page
normsf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Nice work!! I like the rear end much better than the stocker.
Yamatr3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2008, 06:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

LOL DUDE I had a feeling I knew you.. remember me?? Pretty funny we got matched with the same cars again LOL

Old 07-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

hahahahaha. I totally remember the car. Great minds think alike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.