Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Ventureshield Installed [with pics]

19K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  kwtoxman 
#1 ·
I picked up my car on Tuesday and had Ventureshield installed on Sunday (less than 200 miles on the odometer prior to install). All I can say is WOW!!!! I had the front grill, headlights, fog lights and side mirrors done. This stuff is amazing. The front grill piece is invisible from less than 6". I have to point out where the seam is to people. Same goes for the headlights. The side mirrors are a bit more noticeable (since it's a jigsaw puzzle of 4 pieces for each mirror). Even with that if you are more than an arms length from the car you can not see it.

Todd from ClearbraNJ was my local installer and he is top notch! He spent 10 minutes removing a piece of lint from the film, that I could not even see! There is something to be said about taking pride in your work these days. The whole ordeal took about 3 hours and I couldn't be happier with the results. Great product and great service.

Todd and his wife installing the front grill.

My baby protected and ready to face the world (the floor was dry when we started)

Detail Closeup front grill (the line is the hood NOT the Ventureshield)

Detail Closeup side mirror

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks really really good!

Hey,
Looks really good! I might need to try! How much did it cost with the install?

#7 · (Edited)
I just got the ventureshield put on my red GXP. I got it put on the hood, front fascia, lights, foglamps, behind the front wheels, behind and in front of the rear wheels, and on the sill plates. Cost was around $700. Great stuff and very hard to see.

This forum has been great for finding out about these things.

thx!

kw........

#8 ·
I also had the ventureshield put on. Great investment and you got a super price KW. Mine was around $800 but I got the extended version that goes 23" up on the hood along with front fascia, lights, foglamps, and sideview mirrors.
Folks if you own a Sol/Sky this is $ well spent. To find a local dealer just do a search on Ventureshield and you will get their website and you can find an authorized dealer/installer in your state.

#16 ·
I've had the Ventureshield for about a month now and I can tell you I am very pleased with it and with a lifetime warranty you can't go wrong. Post some picts on here when completed also would like to see how the window tint comes out that will be my next mod.

#17 ·
do they come in double D's?

#22 ·
kwtoxman your GXP turned out great. It is barely noticeable in some picts. and not noticeable at all if you are 5-10ft. away. I noticed you have your front license plate on. Is that required in Canada? Out here the CA. law says you have to one but it is not really enforced.

#23 ·
kwtoxman your GXP turned out great. It is barely noticeable in some picts. and not noticeable at all if you are 5-10ft. away. I noticed you have your front license plate on. Is that required in Canada? Out here the CA. law says you have to one but it is not really enforced.
Actually, when my friend went to court for not having a front plate on his 350Z, the judge ruled that since he doesn't have a mount for the front plate, it's not required. This was in either Fresno or San Diego (I can't remember where he got the ticket). But there's some precedence for you! ;)

#28 ·
:glol:

I tell you to move to Alberta, where no front plate is required, but then, there would be no one left in Ontario:glol:

#26 ·
Ok I just got Victoria back from her Ventureshield. I am really impressed with this stuff. It looks great. I had the whole front bumper, mirrors and the hood done. I also had the installer custom cut the entire rocker panel and behind the back wheel. It came out great. Id love to plug the installer but not not sure if its ok with the forum rules. If anyone needs an installer in the LA area let me know.

Here are some pics of the hood so you can see the seam. Its really hard to notice unless youre right on top of it and looking straight on.

Heres the drivers rocker panel. He added a nice little curve detail at the front which is good cause this area is a little more noticible because you are looking down at it and can tell its thicker because of the angle of the rocker panel. In this picture you can also see how the seam disappears at an angle.

I have more pics but didnt want to fill up 2 pages. Overall Im super happy with it and hope it holds up as well as it is suposed to.

#27 ·
Great pic's to add Adam; it is nice to see the ventureshield on different paint colours. But you seem to have a few palm trees on your hood. :lol:

This forum was great to help me choose this stuff, and I think adding the various paint colour pics of the film will help others too.

I'm going to keep an eye on the rocker panels, and I will add the film across the bottom if I start seeing any paint chips.

kw.........

#29 ·
I should mention that earlier this summer I put the ventureshield to the test inadvertently. I got behind a stooooopid dump truck for a bit that was spitting stones like no tomorrow. :brentil:

I could hear the ping ping thwack ping as I got outta there fast. I checked the front of the car and I could see where the stones hit the front end on the venture shield (dust marks), but they made no issues; cleaned right off. One headlight took a good hit, but it too has the ventureshield over it and it marked the film ever so slightly. Almost like a little cut. But it saved the headlight perfectly. :dthumbs:. It is a tiny mark, and maybe someday I'll replace it if I want to spend the money and time to make it perrrfect again.

Great stuff

#33 ·
No problem, looks good after 8 years.sure looks better than paint chips.

#35 ·
You guys are both in Canada, does the sun shine up there? lol

I am in SoCal, with our smog, salt in the air, burning sun and low humidity. I wonder if that is part of it. This guys travels around the world to do training, certified by Heilixx or something or another. He says under no circumstance would he put it on my car. He did the vinyl wrap on the Sky and my FJ. But refuses the clear 3m stuff. In a bad place as I can't have some else do it.

Glad you guys are happy with it.

#36 ·
Try reading it again. He does not want to sell me anything. He refuses to. Not what I would consider my best friend, but a good friend. Customer willing to pay money. He won't take it. He does this stuff for a living, has for well over 10 years.

You mentioned rinsing under it. I maybe talking about something different. Once the 3m stuff is on you do not take it off. It is permanent. I do have some on the fronts of my dually hips. It has discolored, but it does not get the best care for sure. Living on a dirt road.

#37 ·
took mine to a company called solar tech in kelona british columbia. they used the best film out there as there always up grading.he told me if its a factory paint job he has never had a problem with the clear coming off if one wants to remove the film but after market paint jobs is were he said the clear came off. the company does high end cars as well.
it took 3 workers to do the entire car in 8 hours. he also recommended bring it back to him to get the film removed if one wanted to as to do it the right way. i clean mine with dawn & get the bugs off with in 24 hrs. as of the weather were i live it will be 95f sunday so i deal with heat to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.