Who purchased only EDAG SKY top? - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Technical Solstice Discussion > Mods - Interior/Exterior Functional/Appearance
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Who purchased only EDAG SKY top?

Just interested if anyone on the forum knows (or the individual who purchased it wishes to reveal) who ended up buying the only EDAG Sky hard top?

Rumor was the EDAG SKY hardtop was in Europe but recent comments in EDAG threads appear to claim the one and only was recently purchased by someone.
2006/#482/First 1,000/Triple Blk/2.4 Manual/BCCoilovers/JPM Shifter (classic white w/black 5spd pattern)

2009/#480/GXP of 1266 Targa Coupes/Aggressive/Silver Metallic Stripe/Auto/Optional Polished Split Spokes/GMPP/Solo Mach Shorty/Norms Front GXP Splitter/BCCoilovers/DDM Backbeam & Probeam

LowLife handle simply means likes lowered cars
LowLife1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Matt, the EDAG project manager who used to post here, told me four years ago that it was shipped to their facility in Europe, but Peter found it when he did the inventory last month. He offered it to me, but his asking price was more than I wanted to spend for it. He later told me that EDAG put him in touch with "a couple of guys who deperately wanted it" and that one of them bought it.
2.4 NA Manual
Midnight Blue
JRinKY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinKY View Post
Matt, the EDAG project manager who used to post here, told me four years ago that it was shipped to their facility in Europe, but Peter found it when he did the inventory last month. He offered it to me, but his asking price was more than I wanted to spend for it. He later told me that EDAG put him in touch with "a couple of guys who deperately wanted it" and that one of them bought it.
Thanks JR, I read that in a previous EDAG thread, I started this thread to primarily determine who purchased or owns it. Since it's one of one I believe it deserves a dedicated thread for historical purposes.

Also be interested in knowing what became of the original GM 2004 Nomad concept (based on a stretched Kappa platform), assumed it either went into their GM Heritage center collection or was crushed.

I'e found plenty of pics but hard to believe no vids of it exists.
Concept vehicles are usually the main attraction when it comes to reunions type events.
2006/#482/First 1,000/Triple Blk/2.4 Manual/BCCoilovers/JPM Shifter (classic white w/black 5spd pattern)

2009/#480/GXP of 1266 Targa Coupes/Aggressive/Silver Metallic Stripe/Auto/Optional Polished Split Spokes/GMPP/Solo Mach Shorty/Norms Front GXP Splitter/BCCoilovers/DDM Backbeam & Probeam

Last edited by LowLife1; 11-19-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

Here's a video of the Nomad

Delivered to dealer May 23th, 2008
Delivered on May 27, 2008

Mods: lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and
Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with Solo hi-flow cat!

Last edited by Sly Bob; 11-16-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Sly Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

And this video looks as though it was done in 2012.

Delivered to dealer May 23th, 2008
Delivered on May 27, 2008

Mods: lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and
Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with Solo hi-flow cat!
Sly Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Bob View Post
Hmm, looks like an EDAG top. Not bad for a small wagonette.
SkyPilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

When I went up to pick up my top, there sat the yellow Sky top in its box. I asked to see it, Peter lifted the box top and sure enough, there it sat. Looked in very good condition. I believe he said it belonged to him...but then all the tops belong to him until they are sold! Wish now I had taked a picture of the top.

Peter told me that all the tops stored in that particular location were sold.

Last edited by riggs314; 11-16-2012 at 10:35 AM.
riggs314 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
riggs314: .... Wish now I had taken a picture of the top. ....
Do you mean like these ?
Attached Thumbnails
Who purchased only EDAG SKY top?-img955277.jpg   Who purchased only EDAG SKY top?-img957990.jpg   Who purchased only EDAG SKY top?-img959542.jpg  
2.4 NA Manual
Midnight Blue
Old 11-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for posting JR, now who owns it?

EDAG did a good job of incorporating the SKYs sharper lines to differential the two different platforms from each other. If these had reached production my only suggestion to GM would have been allowing the side windows to open up clam style (or sliding windows) so you could store or retrieve items more easily, and consider offering a full panoramic sunroof to help eliminate interior darkness and coffin like feeling, along with a flat floor with storage cubicles like the coupe.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs314 View Post
When I went up to pick up my top, there sat the yellow Sky top in its box. I asked to see it, Peter lifted the box top and sure enough, there it sat. Looked in very good condition. I believe he said it belonged to him...but then all the tops belong to him until they are sold! Wish now I had taked a picture of the top.

Peter told me that all the tops stored in that particular location were sold.
Excellent.... I so would have bought that top at any price.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #11 (permalink)

The last I was told was that two people "desperately wanted it" and that the offer was up to $3500.
2.4 NA Manual
Midnight Blue
Old 11-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

$3,700

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide App
Old 11-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPilot View Post
$3,700

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide App
If that's an affirmative to ownership, congrats.

Since a 2 door Pontiac was called the Safari, what would be an appropriate names for a SKY version? Shooting Star? That's somewhat in keeping with Saturn's tendency to use galaxy type names, but there was a custom 2010 2 door Bentley Continental station wagon called Flying Star, but it looks to have also appears to have also been referred to as Flying Star Shooting Brake?

Why is it called a 'Station Wagon'?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.