Hahn FMIC - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Technical Solstice Discussion > Mods - Engine 2.0 Turbo
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hahn FMIC

I just picked up a used fmic from hahn racing from a wrecked gxp. does anyone have the install guide they can send me?
mazda3jdm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Here you go bro:

How To - Install New Intercooler - Solstice GXP Owners Forums

Have at it

2007 Sky Red Line 5-Speed - 70k - Paid for, Trifecta tune, DDM Extreme BB/Clamps, Dejon Intake

1998 Civic EX - 5-Speed - 213k - Hey, it is cheap.
Koobie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

This is a bit old, but since it's about a used Hahn Intercooler, which we now also possess, I'm interested in installation.....

yes, I have read the link, and will continue to peruse that before any install in spring, my question is I'm CERTAIN I remember someone stating that when they swapped out an IC they did NOT remove the front fascia. Everything done from underneath or above, the couple bolts needed to be removed can be done through the honeycomb front (or again underneath).

So I've been searching for any further writeups that were done about IC install but using the no-front-fascia-removal method, no luck????
'09 Solstice GXP Coupe #492, Mysterious, Auto, 5773 miles.
GMPP tune
DDM Venom Brace
DDM 3/8 Performance backbone
DDM Probeam
DDM Catch can, Tclamps and fender trim kit.
GM Accessories incl. race pedals, rocker panel clear protective tape, console storage bag, and soft targa top.

'95 Bronco, owned 18yrs, totally custom on 37's, my DD
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/628
'11 Subaru Forrester, wifes DD.
Shadofax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

The front fascia removal isnt that big of an issue.I had a harder time getting mounts lined back up to stock locations.Ive been very pleased with my purchase.
CONNER98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONNER98 View Post
The front fascia removal isnt that big of an issue.I had a harder time getting mounts lined back up to stock locations.Ive been very pleased with my purchase.
THAT is my issue. I put in hours over a couple days playing with all the front alignment once I found that body pdf online here. So I've got all the lines just right and if I can do this without mucking that up again and having to redo, that's what I want to do.
GMPP tune
DDM Venom Brace
DDM Probeam
GM Accessories incl. race pedals, rocker panel clear protective tape, console storage bag, and soft targa top.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadofax View Post
This is a bit old, but since it's about a used Hahn Intercooler, which we now also possess, I'm interested in installation.....

yes, I have read the link, and will continue to peruse that before any install in spring, my question is I'm CERTAIN I remember someone stating that when they swapped out an IC they did NOT remove the front fascia. Everything done from underneath or above, the couple bolts needed to be removed can be done through the honeycomb front (or again underneath).

So I've been searching for any further writeups that were done about IC install but using the no-front-fascia-removal method, no luck????
I installed the Dejon IC without pulling the front bumper cover. It can be done. It took me a day, but I was taking my time and it was my first IC swap. The only challenging part was trimming the
Attic duct to fit the larger size.

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob the elder View Post
I installed the Dejon IC without pulling the front bumper cover. It can be done. It took me a day, but I was taking my time and it was my first IC swap. The only challenging part was trimming the
Attic duct to fit the larger size.
I guess no writeup though? I suppose what I could do is follow the writeup with the link except skip right to the part about disconnecting the upper hoses and getting that bottom panel off and seeing what things look like from there. I can always take the front off at that point, not in any hurry, I'll take a day off this spring to do this.

This Hahn IC is massive. It's an extra .5" thicker than the other aftermarket IC's (4" thick), and the finned portion is wider by about 2-3" as well (though it's the same overall width).

I noticed on the Dejon site they comment about that hose on the bottom of the stock one, they guess it's maybe for condensation, but had never seen that before. Did anyone ever confirm what the heck that is for?
GMPP tune
DDM Venom Brace
DDM Probeam

Old 01-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadofax View Post
I guess no writeup though? I suppose what I could do is follow the writeup with the link except skip right to the part about disconnecting the upper hoses and getting that bottom panel off and seeing what things look like from there. I can always take the front off at that point, not in any hurry, I'll take a day off this spring to do this.

This Hahn IC is massive. It's an extra .5" thicker than the other aftermarket IC's (4" thick), and the finned portion is wider by about 2-3" as well (though it's the same overall width).

I noticed on the Dejon site they comment about that hose on the bottom of the stock one, they guess it's maybe for condensation, but had never seen that before. Did anyone ever confirm what the heck that is for?
The intercoolers can definitely be swapped out without taking off the nose pretty quickly if you have done it before. Rick out in the shop can do it pretty easily, I still like taking the nose off personally since that is the way I learned it and can have noses off pretty quickly.

As for the hose at the bottom of the stock intercooler it is a reservoir (even called that in the parts manual) for condensation. After the air gets cooled by the the intercooler water will collect and those hoses give it a place to go. On the Sonic we do development for, there is evidence of the water when you pull the intercooler tubes off, where the water has mixed with oil and created a little bit of sludge just after the intercooler. The cobalt ss and sonic both do not have that reservoir.
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

2.4L - Stage 3 Supercharged - 305whp - 93 octane
2.4L - Rotrex Supercharged - 340whp - 93 octane
2.4L - Custom Turbo - 304whp - 93 octane
2.0L - 2871 Hybrid turbo - 371whp - 93 octane
Dave@ddmworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks Dave, I guess nothing to worry about with those hoses since most IC's don't seem to have them.
GMPP tune
DDM Venom Brace
DDM Probeam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.