dual exhaust - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Technical Solstice Discussion > Mods - Engine 2.4 l Ecotec
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

dual exhaust

would like to change from single outlet exhaust to dual outlet, will be buying new rear bumper/diffuser style from norms ,how difficult is this to do is it as easy as taking car to local muffler shop and ordering a muffler with twin outlets or is the way the muffler is positioned going to be a problem ,also does borla or magnaflow just make a replacement that fits right into position of the stock exhaust, have worked on many late 60's pontiac musclecars just bought a 2006 solstice to play with starting with exhaust seemed to be a step in the right direction any feedback would be appreciated
navarre63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

any gxp dual exhaust will bolt right up to your car. solo and magnaflow make exhaust for your car as well. you can see if there are any gxp owner that upgraded may want to part with their stock exhaust. welcome to modding
2009 Solstice GXP Wicked born 7/8/08-Solo stacked center, Norms rear valance, JPM seat belt holder - center console - shifter - lumbar support, ASAP fog light honeycomb covers, flash2pass, aeroforce gauges - Pro Beam, Backbone DDM, HID lights, LED dome lights, Shorty Antenna, Wind Restrictor v2, GMPP tune, Splash Guards, heated seats and 3 stooges under the hood
POCI - Little Rhody Chapter
http://kronus.us
GaryDN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

I did the DYI install on the 2007 I had. I thought I would save money by installing a camaro single inlet double outlet muffler. By the time I had muffler shop install and bend tail pipes plus bought chrome exhaust tips it cost more then what a good SOLO or Magaflow kit would cost. Did sound good though. When I purchased my 09 GXP I decided to go with a SOLO exhaust and installed myself in no time. Since then I've assisted with many in our club and put GXP exhaust onto NA's and also done a couple SOLO exhaust installs. All are easy to do and even with just having the car on jack stands can do an exhaust in very little time. Valance is removed and installed easily. Look for someone with a GXP exhaust take off for the cheapest source. I would recommend SOLO for an exhasut and they are very helpful if you have questions. Remember that a take off exhaust is one piece so difficult to mail unless they cut it up. Aftermarkets are in sections clamped together so easier to ship. Happy Modding!
09 WickedGXP9-25-08 Auto, Red calps,shorty antenna,windscreen,side grill & bkup light covers, leather armrests/console & door pockets,de-badged, pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover,GMPP CAI&tune, Probeam/Backbone,Clear bra,garage opener in header, JPM lumbar inserts,SOLO Mach Shty cat bk
09 Aggressive GXP Coupe 4-16-14, #577, Auto,soft top,Red calps,GM tune,GM acc whls,Conti Xtreme contact tires,pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover, probeam & backbone
WickedMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Double posts are a tad irritating. Try the search engine under key word exhaust. You'll have plenty to read.

My Garage http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/garage/1132
King-Oka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

my appologies to king-oka for the irritating double post though you were the only one annoyed by it enough to comment please ignore any question i would ask in future as i would not want to irritate you again. once again new to forum and mods. hope not all members are so easily irritated
Old 11-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

thanks to wickedmike and garydn very helpful reply will likely go with new solo or magnaflow kit as suggested
Old 11-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hang in there Navarre63. Let us know when you start those mods. This form has lots of great information. We are here to help you with ANY questions anyone may have.
09 WickedGXP9-25-08 Auto, Red calps,shorty antenna,windscreen,side grill & bkup light covers, leather armrests/console & door pockets,de-badged, pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover,GMPP CAI&tune, Probeam/Backbone,Clear bra,garage opener in header, JPM lumbar inserts,SOLO Mach Shty cat bk
09 Aggressive GXP Coupe 4-16-14, #577, Auto,soft top,Red calps,GM tune,GM acc whls,Conti Xtreme contact tires,pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover, probeam & backbone
WickedMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarre63 View Post
my appologies to king-oka for the irritating double post though you were the only one annoyed by it enough to comment please ignore any question i would ask in future as i would not want to irritate you again. once again new to forum and mods. hope not all members are so easily irritated
Just trying to start you off on the right foot.

I hope you enjoy the forum and all the useful info it contains.

My Garage http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/garage/1132
King-Oka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

3 of us ordered billy boat dual exhaust for our base solstice. it fit perfect. lot of complements on the looks of the rear tips. the rear fillers came from different vendors. hope this helps
bikerhd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.