Chuck Mallett Sema Pit Bull - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Technical Solstice Discussion > Mods - Engine/Transmission Major, including Transplants
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Chuck Mallett Sema Pit Bull

A few more pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Chuck Mallett Sema Pit Bull-att_1351559251443155.jpeg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Like the rear quarter panel

My Garage http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/garage/1132
King-Oka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Founding Member

It seems to lack the aggressiveness of the original convertible pit bull design.
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
LatinVenom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
AKA SolWhat?

This is what LowLife1 had to say in response to the other Mallet Pit Bull thread also started by Mean327:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLife1 View Post
Mallett had contacted Norm about building a Pit Bull for the 2012 SEMA event. However, Norm told me that Mallett did not give him enough time to produce a genuine Pit bull. This above vehicle is a modified vehicle consisting of Norm widening the rear stock OEM fenders, and providing and using parts he already offers for the Solstice.

A genuine Pit bull will be comprised of replacement hood/front fenders, and replacement quarters panels made out of fiberglass. However, when I talked to him about the Pit Bull approximately three weeks ago(because I too thought a genuine Pit bull was going to debut at this years 2012 SEMA event) he made it clear the Pit bull parts are still in the development and engineering phase, and this Mattett vehicle is only a modified Mallett Solstice version.

Sorry, donít mean to be anal, just donít want any confusion generated over a modified vehicle vs. a genuine Pit Bull conversion kit.

On the Hanging Limb Highway - 2012
1st 1K - #741
DaveOC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean 327 View Post
A few more pictures.
Thanks Dave, but from that pic it does make it appear that more than just the OEM fenders were widened? Those look almost like flares.
2006/#482/First 1,000/Triple Blk/2.4 Manual/BCCoilovers/JPM Shifter (classic white w/black 5spd pattern)

2009/#480/GXP of 1266 Targa Coupes/Aggressive/Silver Metallic Stripe/Auto/Optional Polished Split Spokes/GMPP/Solo Mach Shorty/Norms Front GXP Splitter/BCCoilovers/DDM Backbeam & Probeam

LowLife handle simply means likes lowered cars
LowLife1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean 327 View Post
A few more pictures.
Thanks Dave, but from that pic it does make it appear that more than just the OEM fenders were widened? That almost looks like fiberglass fender flares?

My thinking with the Pitbull was that the OEM quarter panel would be removed and a new fiberglass flare unit be bonded on at the top of the beltline?

That's because when I think of true widebody I think of the entire front fender and rear quarter panel being removed & replaced with new fiberglass unit being either bolted on or bonded on starting at the beltline as opposed to just a fiberglass flare bonded onto the original OEM panel.

For example; on a widebody ZR1, Iwas under the impression that GM retooled and bonded on a completely different quarter panel, even though from initial observations it only appears to be wheel flares.

Here's a replica ZR1 kit link, that even though it appears the ZR1 has wheel flares the entire front and rear quarter panels are actually replaced; C6 Corvette ZR1 Style Body Panels 2005-2013 Coupe & Convertible - Mid America Motorworks
2006/#482/First 1,000/Triple Blk/2.4 Manual/BCCoilovers/JPM Shifter (classic white w/black 5spd pattern)

2009/#480/GXP of 1266 Targa Coupes/Aggressive/Silver Metallic Stripe/Auto/Optional Polished Split Spokes/GMPP/Solo Mach Shorty/Norms Front GXP Splitter/BCCoilovers/DDM Backbeam & Probeam

Last edited by LowLife1; 11-08-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
My challenge is that the paint - to me it looks like total gibberish, more like random finger painting - detracts from my ability to really see the new shapes. My personal opinion is that the jarring, disjoint paint graphics detract from the overall impact of the car.

As a result I canít tell you if I like it or not because all I see is the graphics through the resultant migraine.

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
AKA SolWhat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLife1 View Post
Thanks Dave, but from that pic it does make it appear that more than just the OEM fenders were widened? That almost looks like fiberglass fender flares?

My thinking with the Pitbull was that the OEM quarter panel would be removed and a new fiberglass flare unit be bonded on at the top of the beltline?

That's because when I think of true widebody I think of the entire quarter panel being removed & replaced with a new fiberglass panel bonded on starting at the beltline as opposed to a fiberglass flare bonded onto the OEM panel.

For example; on a widebody ZR1, Iwas under the impression that GM retooled and bonded on a completely different quarter panel, even though from initial observations it only appears to be wheel flares.
I see Norm's front splitter and fenders. I don't see any mods to the shape of the front wheel opening. Norm already makes fiberglass racing rear quarter panels, and that's probably what you see at the rear. Since he already has the molds, he could pop out a set of these and add flares without too much effort in terms of time.

1st 1K - #741

Last edited by DaveOC; 11-08-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah, reminds me of that camo stuff they use to confuse spy shutterbugs. I would think someone with good photo shopping skills would be able to lose the annoying graphics and paint it over in one color to get a better idea of the overall new shape or design.

Seriously, that's all that camo stuff is suppose to do; confuse rather reveal a new shape, line, or crease.

Thanks for the pics, looks like I need to make a trip to Norm to clear up my confusion.

Last edited by LowLife1; 11-08-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
AKA SolWhat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob the elder View Post
My challenge is that the paint - to me it looks like total gibberish, more like random finger painting - detracts from my ability to really see the new shapes. My personal opinion is that the jarring, disjoint paint graphics detract from the overall impact of the car.

As a result I canít tell you if I like it or not because all I see is the graphics through the resultant migraine.
The paint scheme is designed to hide any of the imperfections and or rough spots in the shape.

Your migraine is intentional!

1st 1K - #741
Old 11-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOC View Post
The paint scheme is designed to hide any of the imperfections and or rough spots in the shape.

Your migraine is intentional!

Sigh

Punisher's Daddy

Punisher's story

Old 11-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rear fenders are hand rolled, norm and chuck ran into deadline issue with sems
Old 11-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #13 (permalink)

My personal opinion is that I see a coupe clone wearing Norm's hardtop
noted000120 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

I think you are correct.

Punisher's Daddy

Punisher's story

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.