My (new) 2008 Solstice - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

My (new) 2008 Solstice

Hi PNSC,

I just purchased a 2008 Aggressive Victory Red w/ 55,500 miles. In absolutely pristine condition. You'd think it had 5,000 miles, not 55,500.

I had the same color in a 2006 a few years back too.

I'd like to join the club, please.

Also, does anyone have any information on real wood dash kits, a recommended after market Bluetooth radio and any other "must have" mods for a base model.

Is there a chip that people recommend to up the horsepower?
Mine has every option except... the turbo!

I had the Clyde Revord dealership go through a 6 hour 40 point pre-inspection list thanks to Rob and the Forum. They said they'd never seen such a list before!

Best regards,
Paul

PS I've owned 3 Audi TT'S and still I think the Solstice "feels" and looks more like a sports car then any car I've ever owned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 07:51 AM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Congratulations.

Hope you enjoy the car

R

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 48 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 08:44 AM

Congratulations on the car ! Some answers as for the dash kit / Remin / B & I (which I have and am very pleased with it) Wood Dash Empire / American Truck n Auto Accessories / No one except Ebay hucksters sells a "chip " for our cars you have to get the ECM reprogrammed a" tune "and there are a couple of our vendors that do this DDM Works, and Performance AutoWerks, /right now your best bang for your buck would be a DDM Works or Performance Autowerks suspension brace package after that the only limit is your wallet I know , if you don't want to go crazy in the engine dept. I would add a header ,high flo cat, performance exhaust system ,Cold air intake and a tune if you look at the classified ads sometimes you can pick up some good deals at that point you are pretty much at your limit before you go into a turbo or supercharger kit.Good luck and enjoy the ride!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 10:31 PM

I see the Clyde Revord dealership is up in Seattle area. You'll want to speak to Rick Huber about his club - Seattle Roadsters. You can find their page on Facebook.

Please check out Norma Jeane @ Car Domain

PacificNWRoadsters member
Bagpipes are loud!

Bagpipes... the missing link between music and noise.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 07:39 AM

Enjoy your new ride. Have many happy smiles.

07 Aggressive NA, 11-06 SOLD 9-17-08
09 WickedGXP9-25-08 Auto, Red calps,shorty antenna,windscreen,dibit & bkup light covers, leather armrests/console & door pockets,de-badged, pulsing 3rd light,GMPP CAI&tune, DDM susp set,Clear bra,garage opener in header, JPM lumbar,SOLO Mach Shty cat bk
09 Aggressive GXP Coupe 4-16-14, #577, Auto,soft top,Red calps,GM tune,GM acc whls,Conti Xtreme contact tires,pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover, DDM susp set,SOLO center Exh, Norm Valance
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 09:09 AM

Welcome! and enjoy the the Sol, again.

Envious, NEW Lightsidetop, N/A, VIN # 1G2MB35B97Y114344
Oh yeah, Steel/Sand interior. Added K&N filter. Vent tube r/r @ 2850 mi. WindRestrictor added 12/12/06. Added high-tone horn. Painted engine cover. ECM retune 6/15/10. Added Vandesign B/U lite covers 12/07. Re-replaced seal due to recall 27570 mi. DDMProBeam added 7/2/08. Envious Emblem overlays. Kappasphere rear deck rack. DDM tunnel plate added 4/22/09. Solo Exhaust system, lit sills and HID conversion 5/1/10.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 09:28 AM

Welcome, Sting Ya is right about what you can do to a na.
On my 06na (bought new) I have added over the years, cia, header, hi-flow cat, single cat-back exhaust, and had it tuned for 91 octane.
When I did the exhaust (first mod) could only find a single cat-back system, I would have gone with the dual exhaust if one was available.
You will notice some improvement in performance and sound.
Have fun with your new car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Coeur d'Alene | - »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode