Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

4th Cape May/Lewes Ferry Run Aug.23rd

5K views 37 replies 7 participants last post by  warrenhotrod1 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I am in for the Ferry Run... :thumbs:

Here is the FB link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/267533476756579/

Here is the high level information for those not using FB...

If anyone would like to go on the Ferry run this year let Warren know. You can add yourself or Warren can add you. If we get 25 people Warren will book the group (MASSC). If not the Fee is $44 for car and drive, $10. for passenger. Will post the group rates if we get 25 or more people.

You can join us at a number of stops. Leaving the truck Stop
( Rt 206, Burlington County , NJ ) at 9 am.
1st. parking lot at SuperFresh 2044 New Castle Ave. New Castle,De. 10pm.
2nd. Stop in Dover, De. B/K on the corner of Rt. 13 & E. Loockerman St. 11:30am.- 1pm. for lunch.
3rd. Stop Lewes Ferry 43 Cape Henlopen Dr. 2:30pm.
The Ferry ride is about 1 1/2 hrs. to Cape May, NJ.
From here we run to Vineland, NJ. to end the run. Where we will stop for Diner.( to be determined later)
For anyone needing a place to stay overnight. Warren can post a number of places in the area.

#5 ·
sounds fun. I've always wanted to take the ferry. I responded maybe on fb until I know what our summer plans are.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
bump...:thumbs:

#8 ·
I took the Cape May Ferry a couple of times about 20 years ago when they had first gotten those new multi level, multi restaurant, multi bar ferries. I was great!

I'd love to join up with you guys for any other Penn/Jer/Del cruises, including this one!

#9 · (Edited)
Booked the group, rate is $21.25 car & driver $7.50 passenger. Call 1-800-643-3779. Tell them you want to make your reservation for the Aug. 23rd, 3:00pm Ferry from Lewes to Cape May with the car group booking #CN106152. If any problems ask to speak to Qwashonia. She is the supervisor. You have upto Aug. 16th. when the group reservations close.

#10 ·
Booked the group, rate is $21.25 car & driver $7.50 passenger. Call 1-800-643-3779. Tell them you want to make your reservation for the Aug. 23rd, 3:00pm Ferry from Lewes to Cape May with the MASSC booking #CN106152. If any problems ask to speak to Qwashonia. She is the supervisor. You have upto Aug. 16th. when the group reservations close.
awesome!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#22 ·
We would like to join the run. My wife and I are not on Face book. Who should I contact to get us on the list. Or do we just show up.

2006 Solstice

No mods

7k miles
post #9 of this thread
explains that you have to call the ferry to make a reservation
in advance of the trip.

Once you reserve your ferry ticket, just say " I'm in " on this
thread. Then we'll see you at the truck stop on the day of the event.
:thumbs:

#19 ·
:cool: I just booked both of my cars for this run !

Now, we better have lots of sun shine !!! :yesnod:

#23 ·
I'd love to join you guys, but my body kit stuff will be arriving around then and I have the Opel Nationals to go to and another Opel event. I just can't commit without knowing what condition my car will be in. If I do get my act together, maybe I'll meet y'all at the bus stop and just tag along until the Del Mem bridge. Personally, I wish the trip went from the bus stop to the ferry, then hit the Maryland beach towns, then back to the ferry and on home.

#24 ·
... I wish the trip went from the bus stop to the ferry, then hit the Maryland beach towns, then back to the ferry and on home.

That would be a VERY long day...

The planned trip is already approaching 8 hours... -- more if you add in a stop for dinner...

#28 ·
here is a link to the location...

Petro Truck Stops - Location Information - Iron Skillet, Petro:Lube, Travel Stores, Mobil Delvac, Truck Tires, PM Services, Diesel, CAT Scales, Blue Beacon Truck Washes

NJ, Petro Bordentown
I-295(N) Exit 56,(S) Exit 52; NJ Turnpike, Exit 7
402 Rising Sun Square Road
Bordentown, NJ 08505

Phone # Fax #
Fuel Island: (609) 298-6070 (609) 227-5033
Lube: (609) 291-1161 (609) 291-8805
Iron Skillet: (609) 291-1145 (609) 291-8792
Travel Store: (609) 291-1167 (609) 291-0407

Latitude: 40.1234
Longitude: -74.7131

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.