Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

August 14 Gauging interest/Planning for Delsa Drive in + Go Karts

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Morfious 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey gang. I have checked with Diane and got the go ahead to post up some planning ideas for the weekend of August 14. Kwayne and I have decided to create The MASSC Kappa invitational 500 @ NJ Motorsports Park followed up by dinner and a movie under the stars at the Delsa Drive in.

Here is the basic idea and plan for the day. Northern/central NJ Meet up spot somewhere along the Parkway around 10 am or so (Monmouth Rest area on the GSP). Group drive down the parkway to the Atlantic City Rest stop. This will be the official Starting point for the meet up. Leave the Rest area at 1:00 pm. Backroads cruise to NJ motorsports park (about and hour). Go Kart session (15 lap race). Hang out, watch others, hit up the snack bar etc. Leave motorsports park and find place to eat dinner along the way (Ideas welcome). Show up at Delsa drive in for a movie/s and make out session (if you can find someone cute along the way).

That is the basic layout of ideas. There are 2 options for the go karting.

Option 1: Arrive and drive $30 1x 15 lap race with our group together (This is what we are doing)

Option 2: Mini Grand Prix $80 4 races (3x 10 lap races with a 12 lap final)
Groups over 13 will have 3x 8 lap races and a 10 lap final. (Not enough interest)

The NJ motorsports people need confirmation for the mini grand prix and groups larger than 10. under 10 and we can just show up and drive without confirmation or pre-registering.

Looking for ideas and suggestions for getting this together. Please let me know if you are interested and plan to attend.

(Edit: Plan of action updated)

Planning Map:

8/14/10 MASSC Meet

Course of Events:

Northern Meet up at 10:00 am (Let me know if you are planning to show up here)

Garden state Parkway rest area
Monmouth Rest area (Mile Marker 100)
Neptune City, New Jersey 07753
(732) 681-5424

Leave at 10:30 am and drive south to the Official Starting and Southern Meet up Point:
Atlantic City Rest Area
(Mile Post 41.4)

Leave at Noon and take Kwayne's route to the Karting Place. Some highways, some back roads, a fairly direct route. (Approx 1 hour)

Karting and hanging out for 2-3 hours (there will be other events going on to watch as well) Leave the Karting place at 4-5 PM and drive over to Delsa to get good seats and eat dinner at the Drive in. Leave the drive in when you get tired.

Here is a google map for those that like to see what's where:

8/14/10 MASSC Meet

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Reserved for Attendance list:

Confirmed:

Morfious
Kwayne
Dengel
Solli4me
Trantula Sky +1
Smartin
Spag

Possible:
dffr1
The Fred (+1?)

#4 ·
Gentle Bump. 2+ Weeks left to plan.

#5 ·
Bump for interest. 1 week away

#6 ·
Remember that you can meet us at the Drive-In for dinner and the movies if you can't make it out early for the go-karts!! There will be a classic car show at the drive-in starting at 5pm, complete with a showing of a classic car-themed movie, followed by regular, current features.

#7 ·
Would have loved to do this, but we'll be on our way back from NC on this date. Looking forward to seeing pics of some 'hot shoe' karting. :lol:

#8 ·
So here is what will be playing at the Drive-In tomorrow night:

Saturday, August 14th
Box Office Opens: 6:30pm, Annual Car Cruise starts at 5:00pm

Screen 1 - Annual Car Cruise: 5:00pm

Starsky and Hutch
Rated: PG-13
Starts: 8:10pm

The Expendables
Rated: R
Starts: 10:10pm

Predators
Rated: R
Starts: 11:55pm

Screen 2:

Dinner for Schmucks
Starts: 8:15pm

The Other Guys
Starts: 10:20pm

#9 ·
10:00 am (Leave at 10:30 am)
Garden state Parkway rest area
Monmouth Rest area (Mile Marker 100)
Neptune City, New Jersey 07753
(732) 681-5424

Confirmed attendees:
Morfious
ShiNY
Dengel

11:30 am (Leave at 12 Noon)
Atlantic City Rest Area on Garden State Parkway
(Mile Post 41.4)

Leave at Noon and take Kwayne's route to the Karting Place. Some highways, some back roads, a fairly direct route. (Approx 1 hour)

1:00 PM (Leave at 4-4:30)
NJ Mororsports Park
8000 Dividing Creek Road
Millville, NJ 08332

Karting and hanging out for 2-3 hours (there will be other events going on to watch as well). $30 for go-kart suit and track fees.

Delsa Drive in Meet up
5:00 PM
2203 South Delsea Drive
Vineland, NJ

($8 per person)

I will be watching:
Starsky and Hutch, (May sneak over to watch Dinner for Schmucks)
The Expendables

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.