Church of the Holy Donut - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Northeast > MASC/MASSC
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Church of the Holy Donut

New to this forum, as I am new to my Solstice Coupe.

I wonder if folks in the region are aware of The Church of the Holy Donut, a weekly car cruise each Sunday morning in the Giant Shopping Center in Burtonsville, Maryland. Right where 198 goes under 29.

It's a free early cruise-in, starting around 8 am, everyone is usually gone by 10:30 to 11.

On a good weather day, the parking lot of the shopping center is about full with over 200 cars of all kinds: Hot Rods, Muscle Cars new and old, restored vintage cars, sometimes some vintage military vehicles and usually a dozen or so Ferraris, Lambos, and Panteras that ride in together. Usually at least one Ford GT. Of course, every kind of new and old Vette you can think of, and lately all kinds of bikes have been showing up.

Nearly every week brings something new and/or unusual: a fully restored Marcos, last week one of the GM Fuel Cell SUV's.

Although there are usually more than a few exotics along with the muscle/vintage/hotrods, the show is happily devoid of tuner cars. I'm guessing because the youngsters are not up that early!

Been taking a Lotus there for a few years...haven't seen Kappa too much. One guy regularly brings his silver Sky, and a couple of weeks ago a nice Solstice convertible was parked next to it.

I did take the Coupe two Sundays ago two days after I bought it, and it generated a little bit of attention.

If you've not been, you should try it. The idea is to get out, do some bench racing, see some cars, and get home in time to do chores, watch football, or otherwise do the family thing.

Better yet, get a bunch together and pull in as a group.

FYI....this has been going on about 10 years, called the Church of the Holy Donut because until this summer it took place across the street in the parking lot of a Dunkin Donut.
2009 Solstice Coupe. #868. Wicked, N/A, Auto, Two-Tone Leather. SOLD

2007 Lotus Exige S. Canyon Red.

1974 Lotus Europa Special Fully Restored
sandan03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

I drive by it every Sunday on the way to church (not the donut version). It has always been hard not to drive off the road.
GMPP Tune
LatinVenom Front Brace
Werks Adjustable Sway Bars
Enkei Ammodo Wheels
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summers/Pirelli 240 Sottozero Winters
Hawk HPS Brake Pads
Sound Deadener Showdown
Beach Party Central Custom Fusebox Cover
JPM Arm Rests
Lead Foot!
Treeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.