Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Cover BridgeRun Oct. 11th

7K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  RHW00 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
That link does not take me anywhere but a list of birthdays.

#5 ·
Thanks! Sounds interesting! Might do it.

#7 ·
Warren - This area is my home turf and the northern part of the covered bridge tour is what I do on my normal motorcycling loop around home. I would suggest you, or whoever leads, pre-run the route if you haven't done it before. A couple of the bridges around Perkasie are not drivable and only partly visible from the road. (Not worth seeing, really.) Also there are many road closures now in Bucks County to rebuild road wash-outs. Hopefully by October the situation will improve. As far as the route, if you are going by the Internet write-ups only, it is not that easy to find some of them and the information given is out of date or just wrong. I still get lost sometimes! It is still a great ride and fun even if you miss a few bridges. I'm not on Facebook so I'm sorry if this stuff might have been mentioned before.

Russ

#9 ·
Photo Ops

I'll try to make this event also.

The Opel group I'm active with has a 3 day party at a couple's house in Plumsteadville, near Harrisburg, during the daytimes of which we go on wild rides through some covered bridges out there and end up at a glider/prop plane airport on top of a ridge. About 30 guys from the whole east coast and Canada converge there for the camp out/beer and food fest/covered bridge/windy-twisty cruise, weekend thing we do every year. Everyone brings the weirdest beer they can find.

Great Photo Op
Usually there are extra passengers or people willing to forego being filmed who will drive ahead and position themselves on the other side of various covered bridges and who then take awesome scenic pics of each person's car exiting the bridge. Great desktop backgrounds! Awesome keepsakes of the event!

Food for thought.............

Car Vehicle Regularity rally Wall House

#10 · (Edited)
Come and ride with us through Bucks County, PA. and stop to see the 12 Cover Bridges along the way.
Sat Oct 11 -- 11am
Rain Date: Oct. 12th 11:00 am.

Vistor Center Washington Crossing, Pa. River Rd. just North of the Bridge.

NOTE - the new start time is 11am !!

Here is a map link:
http://pacoveredbridges.com/bucks-county/bucks-county-bridge-map.html

#14 ·
see post 10 in this thread...

#21 ·
good idea...

#22 ·
This is a strong maybe for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.