Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Lamo doors

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  warrenhotrod1 
#1 ·
Should be getting my Lambo door kit this week.

#2 ·
Cool

Who is doing the install?

I love mine. My wife, not so much. Upper body strength issue.

Attachments

#5 ·
I bought mine as part of the 2009 DDMWorks Nationals group buy. Dave set up a scale where the more people who bought the hinge set, the lower the price went.

The retail price is something around $1500 - 1700 last time I checked. Check with DDM works and see what they are selling them for currently.

I bought mine for less than $1000 but it was 2009 and 11 set group buy.

Dave installed mine at Nationals for me. I paid him $500.

You can ask Jeff at Chicpmagic.biz how much his price is today. He has a good discount from VDI and can give you a good idea on price and installation.

Dave told me that installation required from 4 to 8 hours depending on how well (or poorly) your car is aligned. Figure a low of $60 an hour to a high of $120 per hour.

#6 ·
I had Dave (DDMWorks) do mine. I got them at on a special sale but they're listed on their site for $1199. They did the install and I'm thinking I paid $600 or 650 but not really sure....got some other things done at the same time. If I remember correctly, the inside of the hood had to be modified slightly for it to fit correctly.

I do get constant comments on them...usually "Did that come with doors like that?"

One thing to watch out for.....do not close your hood with the doors open!!! They will hit!

#10 ·
Give yourself a good 8 hour window. That's how long it took me but I was a one man show when I installed mine. Got mine a few years ago on an E-bay make offer listing for 800.00. One word of caution. The grease fittings are very fragile and can be a bear to get to once installed (for future reference) :thumbs:

#12 ·
Do you think the thread title (Lamo doors) is a Freudian slip.....;)

#13 ·
I was also wondering that. I expected this to be a thread bashing Lambo doors, glad to see it's not.

#16 ·
I would take him up on this. The more helping hands and experience the better and smoother the install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.