Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

MASSC Buds and Blossoms Run 2013, April 20th

4K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  mjpxd 
#1 ·
MASSC will once again celebrate Spring on our Buds and Blossoms Run on Saturday April 20th. We will once again visit all of our favorite spots (Bear Mountain and Harriman State Parks, a twisty drive west on 17-A ending at the Warwick Valley Winery for lunch) I haven't had a chance to do a pre-run yet. Once I do I will finalize the run route, but I expect it to be similar to past years.

For more info on the places we will visit, you can check out these websites:

Scenic Byways in New Jersey

Bear Mountain State Park - NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation

Harriman State Park - NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation

Warwick Valley Winery & Distillery

We will meet at the Stateline Lookout on the Palisades Parkway at 10am. There is a cafe and restrooms at the overlook, and we will take some time to gather together and probably take a group photo or two.

We will depart from the Lookout PROMPTLY at 11:00am. The drive itself should take us about 3 hours. This will give us enough time to enjoy the drive and still reach the winery in time for lunch and wine tasting.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Attendees:

dengel
solli4me
shiny
Spag
Mr Marky
rooster33
warrenhotrod1 + Deb
Morfious (pending schedule update)
batrider
and a bunch of others who posted on facebook :)

#5 ·
Just let me know as the date gets closer whether or not you can attend.

I hope you can make it!

#6 ·
I should be able to make it. Depends on the call schedule. I'll let you know definitely when we get closer.

#10 ·
Lisa will be jealous. She was asking if she would be riding with me or if she gets to ride with someone else this time. :lol:

#13 · (Edited)
Buds and Blossoms is less than two weeks away! I went out for a pre-run on Saturday to make sure the roads on the route are all good and we are in great shape for this event!

It looks like we've got about 20 cars signed up at this point in time.

Please let me know if you plan to attend.

#15 ·
Wishing and Hoping

Would love to make this but don't know if Doc is gonna say I have enough rehab time after right knee replacement 3 weeks ago. It may be a last minute decision so here's hoping for the best. Went on the Cape May Lewes run last August and had a great time. I guess here is one time I wish I had an automatic, I could always left foot brake but the 5 speed may be too much.

Take lots of pictures if I can't make it.

#16 · (Edited)
" Stateline Lookout on the Palisades Parkway at 10am. "
I am still trying to determine if I can make it.
Do you have a little bit more detail on the starting location ?
I'm from the south, and know nothing about anything north of Trenton...

#17 ·
" Stateline Lookout on the Palisades Parkway at 10am. "
I am still trying to determine if I can make it.
Do you have a little bit more detail on the starting location ?
I'm from the south, and no nothing about anything north of Trenton...
To get to the Palisades Parkway from South Jersey you would take the NJ Turnpike/I-95 towards New York. As you aproach the George Washington Bridge (still in NJ), you will take exit 72 for the Palisades Interstate Parkway. (It shouldn't matter if you end up in the Express Lanes or the Local Lanes.) As you come off the exit you will need to make a left at the traffic light onto Fletcher Ave. Approximately 1/2 mile down Fletcher Ave. you will take an exit onto the Palisades Instate Parkway.

Once you are on the Palisades Parkway, I think it is about 10 miles total to Stateline Lookout.

State Line Lookout is a scenic overlook on the Palisades with a refreshment stand and gift shop. It is situated at the highest point on the Palisades Cliffs (elevation 532 ft.), about a mile south of the New Jersey–New York state line.

State Line Lookout has its own (unnumbered) exit from the Palisades Interstate Parkway in Alpine, New Jersey, about 2 miles north of Exit 2. The exit is accessible directly from the Parkway northbound lanes.
Hope to see you there!

#19 ·
ok - I'm in !

Here's wishing for great weather !

#21 ·
The forecast has improved for Saturday, so it now looks like morning clouds changing to sun for the afternoon and temps in the 50s.

Looking forward to kicking off the driving season with everyone!

#22 ·
Sorry I won't be able to make this one. Too many play weekends and no Spring chores getting done. We live in the woods and still have trees down from Sandy and the storm the year before so I have to get on some of this stuff.

I only see maybe one Solstice or Sky a month and that is on a long 35 mile each way commute to near Philly, so was really looking forward to seeing a gaggle of them. Next time.

Russ

#23 ·
I got Amelia back from the shop but I'm still not feeling 100% after having been ill for so many weeks. I'm kicking around the idea to meet everyone at the winery. What time do we usually pull up there? Wasn't it around 1:30pm?

#25 ·
Thanks for the great pictures. Used to live in Monroe, NY so quite familiar with landmarks shown. Now in Georgia with quite different scenery. Good luck on future rides.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.