Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Turbo Emblem

9K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  Cheers 
#1 · (Edited)
Newbie Question....
Anyone noticed the chrome "Turbo" emblems on eBay? They are in a semi script form. 3/4"x5.25"..if I remember correctly. Would they look "tacky" on third brake...or rear of GXP?
Need opinions!...Don't wanna go overboard...er..at least not too much.....
GreyFox

#2 ·
If anything, I would be DE-badging the car. The lines are too beautiful to mess up with emblems, doorguards and body kits. Honduhs need body kits and wild paint because they have no soul. With the kappas, less is more.

Reactions: ¿spoom
#3 ·
I remember before the GXPs came out, a few of the people with the aftermarket turbo kits were throwing around the idea of using the Porsche 911 turbo emblem and putting it on their car. Not sure if anyone actually did it though.

For me though, I wouldn't. To me, GXP is synonymous with turbo, and if/when I get one for my N/A (which then it wouldn't be I suppose!), then I'd rather have people guessing until they hear the BOV blow! :lol:

#6 ·
...not really

To me, GXP is synonymous with turb:
Only on the Solstice. GXP applies to other Pontiac models as well, which don't have turbos.
Most of them have goofy, bulky looking bodies, even if they are performers. I wish the Solstice had different designation for the GXP mode. One that set it apart from other cars (like it should be). I wouldn't mind the GXP designation if those other cars didn't use it too.
:cool:

#5 ·
Thanks for your thoughts,guys. I certainly understand the idea of debadging the car for a slick appearance...but I must admitt that Norm's requested version looks pretty cool as well. Hmmm...gotta do some thinking on this one.
GreyFox

#7 ·
To each his own...

The turbo emblem I am seeing on a lot of sols just doesnt sit right with me.
But I am anal about things flowing together and continuity. The script is in the wrong font... doesnt match any other lettering anywhere on the GXP. Besides.. it looks like the Porsche script, blah. Why put anothers badge on your car... would be like a ferrari owner putting our "oh so hot" GM chicklets on the back of his ride.

Nothing against those that have them, Just not for me. ;)

MeanSol

On a side note...
Now if someplace that did custom badging could match the factory script... then OOOooo sexy.
OR
If you rebadge everything else on the car to match the "turbo" script.... dont forget your speedo, and seats ;)

Reactions: ¿spoom
#9 ·
I do agree MeanSol...!
Hey,DeepBlueGXP...you gotta PM!
GreyFox

#10 ·
Do a search for brake light decals on EBAY, you will have to send the seller an email for a custom lablel, no one had the word "Turbo" . I did and had one shipped

#12 ·
#18 ·
I was contemplating the same and found a great font match for my Sky. I had the same question / post earlier this year on the Sky forum.

I personally think it looks great on my car and have received nothing but positive comments on the location and design. It looks almost factory (IMOP).

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=163545&postcount=1

#19 · (Edited)
I got mine at a V-dub dealership

#20 ·
Specifically regarding the GXP...I know it's a turbocharged vehicle and I don't need anything to remind myself or anyone else of it.

#22 · (Edited)
Volkswagen!:)

part # 1c0-853-675-a-gx2 (name plate) = $28.00

#26 ·
they can hear the turbo...that's good enough for me

#27 ·
Oh well...went ahead and did it! $5.00 from AutoZone......

#28 ·
That looks good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.