Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Tasty Bits for Your Solstice... 3 of 5 [soft luggage]

5K views 40 replies 27 participants last post by  Editguy 
#1 ·
Hey everyone
Thanks so much for all the input on the 2 other products we've shown you this week. While they have been performance related items today's featured tasty bit is a more practical one... Fitted Luggage. As you all know the Solstice has no real room in that interesting trunk. So we came up with some custom fit luggage that can be used when the top is up. For traveling with the top down, we are working on another solution. :) The luggage shown below are the prototypes, we want to get your input before going into production.

Thanks
Neil

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks like you've got the right idea! If it were only available for the Hilton Head gathering this weekend! :cool:

#5 ·
It looks like the two rectangular bags that fit along the rear of the trunk should still fit, even with the top down. Is that correct?

#7 ·
dengel said:
It looks like the two rectangular bags that fit along the rear of the trunk should still fit, even with the top down. Is that correct?
If you pack those 2 bags really light you might be able to, the top does crush down on anything in that area though... I would simply leave them out of the car and use the other 2 for top down travel. :cool:

Neil

#9 ·
The bags look great and look like they fit really nice.

It sure does seem like they would still work with the top down if the side ones were not completely full and only had clothes in them and not toiletries or shoes.

Good Stuff!!

- bspate -

#10 ·
bspate said:
The bags look great and look like they fit really nice.

It sure does seem like they would still work with the top down if the side ones were not completely full and only had clothes in them and not toiletries or shoes.

Good Stuff!!

- bspate -
We are going to find out first hand... we will be driving up the the West Coast Solstice meet this week end with the bags packed for travel.

Neil

#11 ·
That luggage looks great, and I love the yellow on black.

I was thinking of a Solstice logo as follows:

A round "globe" of the Earth, showing the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn. The label "summer" and "winter" in the each appropriate small space between the line and the edge of the globe, small letters. In the middle of the globe would be EARTH in capital letters. Above the globe SOLSTICE and below PONTIAC, both in capital letters, then below PONTIAC the words "all year" in small letters.

Too much crap, I know, because logos are supposed to be short and simple. Just trying to tie in the meaning of solstice and Pontiac. Perhaps someone can simplify it more.

#16 ·
Looks hot... how would a top-down solution have to differ? I mean, I understand you can't use the side-bags, because of the top mechanism.

#18 ·
Nice bits! You are definitely on the right track toward making our cars more liveable. Thanks. :thumbs:

#19 ·
My only comment (question) I have is: Would it possible to have a two-suiter bag (roll type) available as well? Occasionally some of us need a jacket (blazer or uniform coat) , even actual suits, even on road trips.

Of course most of my "road trips" have been in armored vehicles. :devil:

#20 ·
Yeah, Frosty and MSG McKee want the luggage with armor option. They hate to show up at the Military Ball with bullet holes through their uniforms because of a stray bullet here or there. Of course, that's better than showing up at the Ball with a bullet hole through the body! :)

#21 ·
Very nice bags! I could see using the two lightly pack in the back and one of the side one in the passenger foor well with the toiletries.

Any chance for the stitching/logo in another color? Like a red that would match up to the Pontiac emblem?

#22 ·
Yeah Stig these are way cool! :yesnod:

The black looks great but have you any plans for versions matched to the color of our cars? That would be DEEP for me.

#24 ·
RWSimmons said:
Yeah Stig these are way cool! :yesnod:

The black looks great but have you any plans for versions matched to the color of our cars? That would be DEEP for me.
:agree: Matching the colors of the cars would be sweet.

#25 ·
Nice Bags, You guys did a fine job. Pontiac should buy a set from you for everyone who purchased a car. That is what Chrysler did for those who bought the Crossfire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.