Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Are you going to the Hilton Head Solstice Celebration?

• Yes - booked my tickets and am definitely going

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Nope, just not interested

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Nope, too expensive

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Nope, have other plans I could not change

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • I would love to go, but thought it was only open to Solstice Owners

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nope, too far for me to travel

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I will if I get my Solstice by then to make this a road trip...

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • I got my Solstice (finally) and asked an admin or supermod to change my vote (I'm goin'!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well, with the new price structure, I decided to go afterall (asked an admin or supermod to change m

Votes: 0 0.0%

Poll - HiltonHead Solstice Celebration?

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  blakehoo 
#1 ·
#2 ·
SolsticeMan said:
Thought I'd start up a quick poll... on attendance...
Um, were you going to do an actual poll, or do you just want us to comment?

I was playing with the idea of going, in that short moment when I thought I might actually get my Solstice by then. If a miracle happens and my car arrives before then, I might call at the last minute to see if any slots are still open. But my hopes are pretty dim right now. :(

#3 ·
dengel said:
Um, were you going to do an actual poll, or do you just want us to comment?

I was playing with the idea of going, in that short moment when I thought I might actually get my Solstice by then. If a miracle happens and my car arrives before then, I might call at the last minute to see if any slots are still open. But my hopes are pretty dim right now. :(
:lol: Yup - did a poll... AND you can comment too ;)

I called the number, and found out it is also open to those who have a Solstice on order.

I'm not one of those people (haven't ordered mine yet), but I got the feeling if I pushed hard enough, I could have prolly gotten in...

So, if you are on the waiting list, and you do want to go, I bet you'll have no problems getting in before slots are filled.

#4 ·
SolsticeMan said:
So, if you are on the waiting list, and you do want to go, I bet you'll have no problems getting in before slots are filled.
Well, my car is built, but appears to be keeping company with several thousand other Solstices down in the lot at Wilmington. Shipping company has not gotten the ship order for it yet, so I'm not too hopeful that it will arrive in time for the Solstice Celebration in Hilton Head. A 1700 mile round trip in a '99 Grand Prix just doesn't sound like as much fun as a 1700 mile trip to break in my Solstice. :skep:

Oh, and my choice of answers isn't in your poll, "not going unless a miracle happens and my Solstice gets delivered." :lol:

#5 ·
dengel said:
Well, my car is built, but appears to be keeping company with several thousand other Solstices down in the lot at Wilmington. Shipping company has not gotten the ship order for it yet, so I'm not too hopeful that it will arrive in time for the Solstice Celebration in Hilton Head. A 1700 mile round trip in a '99 Grand Prix just doesn't sound like as much fun as a 1700 mile trip to break in my Solstice. :skep:
Ah... didn't get that. Want me to add another option in the Poll? :lol:
"I'll go if I get my Solstice by then to make the trip in"

#6 ·
Since I just got my car today I've been saving all my pennies for this particular day. If I knew I needed to save up for this event also I would have. Because I think the wife and I would have had fun going on a little mini vacation.

#7 ·
brentil said:
Since I just got my car today I've been saving all my pennies for this particular day. If I knew I needed to save up for this event also I would have. Because I think the wife and I would have had fun going on a little mini vacation.
Congrats, Brentil. You've waited a long time. That now makes 2/4 in the moderator/administrator group.

#11 ·
I called again, and so this is clear:

This offer is open to Solstice Owners and also Solstice "Owners-to-be". :thumbs:

At least, that's what the lady said when I called for clarification.

I also snooped the website for signing up, and I'm thinking that if you made reservations to go, it doesn't look like they screen or "solstice ownership".

My guess is that if you want to go, and you are even just a "waiting for the right time to buy a Solstice so you haven't ordered yet" person, you could prolly go.

That's exactly the category I would have been, and if I didn't already have plans, I'd be going...

#12 ·
I selected the "Yes - booked my tickets and definitely going option" but it will be a road trip for us ... 10 hours, but that's cool. Hilton Head is where we honeymooned 29+ years ago! :yesnod:

#13 ·
I was planning to go if my car got here and had been told by my sales person it was due any day. Got a message on my machine last night that the car is not on its way if fact it still is sitting parked at the plant. Looks like it will not make it here in time---hate to miss this but will not go without the car--not worth it--

#14 ·
With the new price structure, if anyone wants to change their poll vote, let me know and I can get it done (I think).

Just post what you voted for and you want to change, and I'll do it for you.

#15 ·
SolsticeMan said:
With the new price structure, if anyone wants to change their poll vote, let me know and I can get it done (I think).

Just post what you voted for and you want to change, and I'll do it for you.
Okay, I guess mine can be your first attempt.

I originally voted that I would go if I got my Solstice in time so that I could make it a road trip in my new car.

I have now decided to go, partly because of the lower price. (The other part is due to the fact that I know I'll be pissed at myself if I let this opportunity pass, just cuz my car isn't here yet.)

<vote changed by admin :thumbs:>

#18 ·
BOBL said:
I'm going...all the way from California.
Wow, if they are giving prizes for furthest traveled, you might be the one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.