Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Good FL Dealer?

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  solstice1319 
#1 ·
While in Taiwan, a co-worker and I talked about the solstice and he is going to check out some dealers back home. He is in the Fort Myer (sp?) area. Is anyone in that are having a particularly good or bad experience with a dealer? We are both flying HOME on Monday night EST. I'll pass on the recommendations to him. THANKS!

#2 ·
I live in the area and ordered my Solstice through Dixie Pontia GMC in Ft. Myers on route 41. I ordered mine in April and it still has not moved into production. I would avoid this dealer if I was you. I am not sure if any other people are having success with other local dealers. Best of luck to you.

#6 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll pass it along to my buddy. We've got a 1.5 hr drive to Taipai at 04:30 Tues morning to begin our journey back to the states. We'll have PLENTY of time to talk car stuff!

#10 ·
The easy way to not brake the rules is PM the person asking the question, with the dealer information.

#11 ·
Sorry Guys... Kind of a loaded question to ask with the forum rules and all.

Sorry Mods.... Didn't mean to get something going in the wrong direction.

Please PM me if you have had a really good or bad experience. I'll pass the info to my friend.

Take care and thanks for the info!

Darrin

#12 ·
I will tell you where not to go(unless you want to get shafted for 5k over msrp :brentil: ), do not buy from Rick Matthews GMC in Hernando co.

#14 ·
Still sticking with the Sly. Going down to the dealer this week sometime and bug him. I think the envious would be to hard to keep looking the way I want( I live in a condo with no easy wash space)

#15 ·
Tabletops
What dealer did you go with? Did you purchase from the dealer in New Port Richey, Dade City, or somewhere else?
I share your sentiments about the Pontiac dealer in Brooksville. They are bad news.
I have been @ 4b00 for 3 weeks now. The Autoway dealer in NPR states the car has reached the railhead in Tampa, but has not gotten on a transport truck yet. Who knows for sure.
Good luck with you car. BTW..my car is a SLY with the Sand/Steel interior.
Hope we pass by each other sometime on the Suncoast parkway!
Cwh55

#16 ·
dealer -

Pontiac dealer in Sarasota was real good to us - Msrp and kept on top of the shipping - I do believe now they are charging $1500 over - not their decision - someone at the top - but overall have gotten two vehicles from them in last year and have been great. We are about an hour north of Ft. Myers. :cool:

#19 ·
DanWheaton said:
Hello All,

Just got mine from Cleveland Ohio Axlerod Pontiac Great People...Also ordered a 2nd one from a dealer in Tarpon Springs at the same time and according to GM its not coming in till March of 2006.

Dan
I would suggest you start a new thread to announce your delivery, DanWheaton. Then we could all share in your joy!

In the meantime, may I inquire as to the VIN last 4 digits, and the color (Sly?).

I presume your refer to the Tarpon Springs in Florida? Why would you order a second one there, so far from Ohio? Interesting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.