Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Solstice Safari? [2006 EDAG Pontiac Solstice Hardtop - Mega Merge]

12K views 47 replies 35 participants last post by  RedOne07 
#1 ·
#29 ·
dori-san said:
I just REALLY love the concept that stang and I had our minds set on, a full on decklid replacement that latches into the windshield and slopes back in a fastback style with a rear hatch to have access to the trunk. It's basically like owning the Solstice roadster AND the Solstice coupe without having to have 2 cars.

I can only hope somebody bites our idea and runs with it. I'm looking for the hatch to be styled as close to the top of the coupe concept as possible, with a rounded glass for the hatch. Also perhaps with a glass roof.
The coupe idea is just plain better! Those Germans got nothing on us...except money... and a prototype. :)

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1466&d=1116969752

#30 ·
stang said:
...and a prototype. :)
Acctually it looks like they photochopped a preproduction solstice. I dont read German but it doesn't specifically state that the car will be there. Also, it says that it is a design study so that is no promise of production.

I'm still going to take a look at their booth, this would be a really cool option! Imagine the number of different cars you could drive around in just by swapping roofs!! It's certainly a lot cheaper than buying multiple cars!

#32 · (Edited)
2006 EDAG Pontiac Solstice Hardtop

(from EDAG Press Release) In its first-ever appearance at the Detroit Motor Show, EDAG will exhibit two show cars as proof of its competence when it comes to innovative development solutions, including small series production.

A world premiere will be the display of the Pontiac Solstice in a hardtop version. The American sports convertible comes from the factory with a cloth top which disappears under a flap in the back when retracted. The EDAG designers have designed a special hardtop, including a new boot flap, for the Solstice which not only puts a solid roof over the driver’s head, but also gives the car a completely new appearance. Inspired by the Pontiac Safari station wagons of the 1950s and 1960s, the EDAG designers have come up with a dynamic, elegant and contemporary variant of a sports estate.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2006-EDAG-Pontiac-Solstice-Hardtop.htm

This is a concept by a German engineering & design company (www.edag.de) . They do not produce them.

#36 ·
Unlike many of you, I really like it. It gives a number of options to the owners that people have wanted for years. A fun car to drive with acres of storage coupled with the ability to morph back into a roaster with a little planning. It solves the long trip storage dilemma without making the owner really give up anything long term.

I like the Nomad look and it would make a nice complement to my 57. :cool:

#37 ·
I don't know if I would "own" one but it is a neat idea and something for the car show guys to show off.

#46 ·
Hideous! I AGREE.

Give me a hardtop same size as the ragtop!!!!!!!!

I don't want a mini-magnum!!

fred

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.