Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Nationals

20K views 120 replies 21 participants last post by  WickedMike 
#1 ·
Departing bright and early on Monday. Breakfast at Johnsons Corner. See you there

#94 ·
I second that.:thumbs: I should of flown there to hang out and look at all of these amazing rides.:thumbs:

#97 ·
Depends on what mountains. Mt Adams is closer to the eastern side of the state. Dry desert conditions east of the Cascades, and Mt Adams is on the eastern side of the cascades. On the Western side of the cascades it is lush and green with lots of fur trees.

Over half the rally runs travelled east from the lodge. Just a couple of the runs headed west into the lush green spaces. Mount hood is one of the pictures in the distance and is totally surrounded by lush trees, but taking pictures from the east side of the state, you wouldn't know it.

You should have come ChopTop, this is my home and you could have seen for yourself the Douglas firs and all the lush greenery. (Note the pictures of the water falls).

#98 ·
The geography in Oregon and Washington is interesting. Most of the moisture comes in from the ocean. The coastal regions have weather driven by their proximity to the ocean. Mild temperatures and lots of humidity.

Inland from the coast is a range of mountains running birth to south. The wet air comes in from the ocean and hits the Cascade mountains which act to block the winds and cause them to drop much of the moisture ther are carrying in from the sea. This western strip I've very wet. On the north coast, the Olympic peninsula is a rainforest with unique climate.
Once you get east of the Cascade range, there is very little moisture and its high desert in much of the state.
When we lived in the east at Kennewick, we had weather very similar to Las Vegas. We got 20 to 30 inches of rain a year. When we moved to Seattle in December we experienced that much rain in the first month

#102 ·
And without further adoo . . ..

Doctor Bill himself

He was even nicer in person than he is on this forum. :thumbs::grouphug:

Attachments

#107 ·
Doctor Bill himself

He was even nicer in person than he is on this forum. :thumbs::grouphug:
Well that wouldn't be hard - I tend to post in between other things happening and the brevity of my posts probably reinforces a hopefully inaccurate impression of curmudgeonry. ;)

Very nice to meet people I'd 'talked to' for years on the fora.

#103 ·
When we got home . . .. it was cleanup time.

Washing a dirty Punisher

Attachments

#104 ·
Cleaning the top

Attachments

#106 ·
Making sure its dry, and how to clean the spoiler

Attachments

#112 ·
Rob,
The trim on your house almost matches the paint of Punisher. Please tell me you "mod'ed" your house! If you did, you are my hero.:lol:

#108 ·
Even cleaned and polished the lift so I could get the cars wheels done the easy way

Attachments

#109 ·
Spent 4 plus hours getting all the freaking bug bodies off the front end of the Punisher Hauler followed by machine polish and wax. Very hot job

Attachments

#110 ·
And for all of you who thought I was done . .. there is also the Punisher trailer to clean. But it came out well.

Attachments

#111 ·
Saving the best for last, here is the jewelry. Thanks to the judges and all who worked on the car. Dave, Jeff, Joe, Stephan. Its a very long list.

Attachments

#117 ·
Thanks for the feedback. He dropped out of the forum years ago and after being so active it was concerning

#118 ·
Bill ,Maui Sky, lives very close to me here in MI. When I bought my coupe he liked it and located one in MO for his wife. He put his Sky on the lift and it sat there for two years. Note: has always had transmission issues since adding supercharger. Finally almost two years ago we talked him into starting the Sky. It was running good and he decided to leave the coupe in MI and take the Sky to his winter FL home. Made it down there just fine and then at a car show ,after hood up for hours, when he started it it just chugs. He ended up buying a vette in FL and put the Sky in storage garage. It is still there and it's going on two years. We got it started in October and it seemed to be running good but next day started chugging again. We have no idea what is causing this. He has since sold the coupe and wants to bring Sky back to MI to attend some of our MKC events. Been working for months to get it up to DDM for them to get it running(hopefully). I think Dave is going to pick it up and get it running. I guess that's one way to keep miles down!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.