Pontiac Solstice Forum - View Single Post - Cause of minor reduction in power/boost?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 07:53 PM
The_Ghost

Okay. Can you please try to read codes? If you have an intercooler issue, YOU WILL HAVE A CEL because the issue doesn't just go away like a HPFP issue!!!! If you have a faulty HPFP, you will have codes pending. An intercooler will set a CEL. A HPFP will not. As I stated earlier, the HPFP will pend a code (p2188 or p2178, one is too rich at idle, the other is too lean at idle). What happens is that the car, when it pends these codes, as I stated earlier, somewhat reduces a bit of power. If you have a hole or ballooned IC, it will limit you to 5psi and you'll get a CEL. With the HPFP, you have to meet certain criteria 5 times within so many minutes to get a CEL and be limited to the 5psi. Until that point, the code "pends". If the code has pended, it only moderately limits your performance. Please....check for a "pending" code.

And for the record, I have a stock IC. I have a 283hp tune (which equates to about 330hp at the crank)...I get 24psi of boost.... I have no issue with my stock IC. The GMPP tunes are 290hp at the crank or 290bhp before anyone asks....

Solo Street Race exhaust
Fujita CAI
ASAP T2 stripes and badging
Windrestrictor V2 lighted in white
Windrestrictor lighted door sills lighted in white
DDM Works IC Piping
Undercar LEDs in white to match Windrestrictor

ZZPerformance dyno tuned - 286HP, 317ft/lbs of torque at 23psi of boost.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome