Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

2011 Official Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky Calendar competition!

20K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  JohnWR 
#1 · (Edited)
Pontiac Solstice Fans, contest is NOW OPEN! For the first time, officially licensed calendars will be created BY car enthusiasts, FOR car enthusiasts. The loyal members of solsticeforum.com are invited to be a part of The 2011 Official Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky Calendar competition. Show off your ride for ultimate bragging rights.

The top 13 vote winners will receive 2 calendars featuring their cars, absolutely free. Only photos directly submitted to membercalendars.com will be entered into the competition. All calendars are proudly MADE IN THE USA!

#4 ·
Official? By what authority?

Nice contest idea... we submit all of our pictures to you for free, and you make profit off of it? Not sure who this sponsor is, or how it's helping us. We've done well on our own to make calendars for Solstice / Sky and have given the profit away to charities.

#5 ·
We understand your concern. These calendars are being officially licensed by General Motors themselves, which took alot of work to do and wasn't free. We worked really hard to build our website so that voting and posting pics was as easy as possible. We have no intention to take away from any other group calendars, and understand that this contest is not for everyone. Many forums have found online printers in the past to do their calendars and from the feedback we got, were charged way too much per calendar and many have even got shutdown for not getting licensed. We'd love to have you participate but understand and respect if you choose not to.

Best of Luck!

#6 ·
Ummm, you need to have someone check the programming behind the sign up page, I've now tried IE, FF, and Chrome, and get a program error. So, without being able to actually create a sign on, not much can be done.

username count = 0
Email Address Count = 0
CaptchaPassed = 1

ADODB.Parameters error '800a0e7c'

Parameter object is improperly defined. Inconsistent or incomplete information was provided.

/admin/clMemberAccounts.asp, line 281

#7 ·
Sorry about the error. We are aware of this problem and are in the process of fixing it. The reason you are receiving an error is because you are leaving the phone 1 field blank. We made that field not mandatory and ever since then, the site has been acting up. When you sign up as a new user, fill in the phone 1 field with any number and you should be able to register. Again sorry for any inconvenience.

#10 ·
I liked it when Susan did it for free

jmho

I'm not to keen on "registering" and having my information
shared with a lot of people

or having you sell your mailing list

how about explaining in a little detail why we have to
have an account with you...i.e. become a member

Not flaming you...but you are a new entity to me ...you just
come out of nowhere and want me to be a member...of what?

Respectfully....D-2

#11 ·
No sweat D,

First off, we're car forum guys, not a faceless corporation (some have suggested we are the latter, so I just wanted to get that out there). We belong to many forums personally and last year we made a calendar for G8Board.com. It was successful so because I'm in the printing industry, I thought why not make this something all forums can easily do?

Long story short, we paid GM, Ford and Dodge licensing fees so that we could pass them down to the club calendars, like this one. It's a legal way to make a calendar, some don't know this but you can't make a calendar (even with your fully paid for and register-in-your-name cars) and sell it for profit without permission and/or licensing, which isn't cheap.

We have to acquire your info for photo usage legalities, thats all. We have to make sure we know who you are if you submit a photo that will be used in the calendar. Its really just copyright issues.

Our privacy policy states that we do not sell your info or share it. We honor this and as of today, thousands have signed up, not one digit of info has been shared, nor will it.

Next year, we're going to change a few things, including the registration for people who simply want to check it out or just vote. Among other changes. We're also considering making club specific calendars, as this year for practicality purposes, we went with just vehicle specific calendars.

Hopefully whomever reads this will be satisfied and at least check out the site. If you don't intend to upload a photo, just enter "Private" and "0000000000" in the info fields, we just need your email so we can send you a confirmation link.

Oh, and our names are Adam, Gene and Peter. We're doing this morning noon and night, 7 days a week, feel free to PM us or email us if you have any questions or thoughts, we'd love to hear what you have to say.

Cheers and good luck to all

#12 ·
based on that information A,G,P.

I'M IN LIKE FLINT

how long does it take for my upload to be approved and posted???
(just did one @ 1.25 pm today)

#13 ·
I still am partial to the calenders that Susan did.

#14 ·
Just approved 2 more.

If there is another calendar going on, we weren't aware of it and don't mean to step on any toes.

A few other sites do their own too. If we can help with Susan's, we'd be more than happy to. We have our own printing company so if these other calendars are just going to be up on CafePress or something for $20 a pop, we could print and sell them for a lot less.

Either way, we're not trying to force this on anyone. We do pay to support the forum so hopefully people recognize that.

This post has been deleted
#25 ·
So for $2.24 you wont? :willy:

Jim :cool:

#26 ·
I received the calendar as a XMAS present.

Very nice...

:)

#27 ·
Got mine on Christmas Eve even though I has only ordered it earlier in the week. Thanks for the fast shipping. I was able to have it under the tree for my husband Christmas morning! His jacket didn't make it in time so at least there was something w Sol there for him. Sorry I saw the contest too late.
Hoping to remember to submit a photo for the 2012. That would be a real nice calendar for him if it had our car in it.

Happy & safe holidays to all!

#29 ·
I got this calendar as a Christmas Gift. I LOVE it!!!!.....Great Job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.