• 1 Post By Sting Ya
  • 2 Post By DaveOC
  • 1 Post By raygun
  • 1 Post By CRiggleman
  • 1 Post By Saveaux

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Looking for: Brace Bundle Install Instructions

I lost my Solstice brace bundle install instructions so went to the DDM website and tried to download the PDFs again.

Backbone:
https://ddmworks.3dcartstores.com/as...oneinstall.pdf

Venombrace:
Could not find this one. Does anyone know the correct url ?

Probeam:
Could not find this one. Does anyone know the correct url ?

Mainly want them to get everything on the car's documentation complete and to re-check the torque.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 11:40 AM

Are these what you are looking for?

http://www.ddmworks.com/assets/image...%20Rev%20B.pdf

http://www.ddmworks.com/assets/image...%20REV%20B.pdf

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks John.

I could not find it on the Solstice Venom and Soltice Probeam page, and I still can't

But I do have them now. Thanks again.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 05:13 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne07 View Post
Thanks John.

I could not find it on the Solstice Venom and Soltice Probeam page, and I still can't

But I do have them now. Thanks again.
There are a few tabs towards the bottom of the product page, above the verbose description. If instructions are available, there will be an "Instructions" or "Installation" tab with a link to a PDF.

Took me a bit to find them, as well, the first time.

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, Werks Big Wheel K04 and tune, Solo catless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces, RPM rollbar
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 06:36 PM

Google is truly your friend. Took maybe a minute. Correction: 0.63 seconds. Plus typing.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 06:56 PM

Good luck! The probeam instructions are somewhat confusing, and the venom brace and tunnel brace are a pain to do, with the tunnel requiring quite a tug on the exhaust!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygun View Post
There are a few tabs towards the bottom of the product page, above the verbose description. If instructions are available, there will be an "Instructions" or "Installation" tab with a link to a PDF.

Took me a bit to find them, as well, the first time.
Nope, only the first one :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
Google is truly your friend. Took maybe a minute. Correction: 0.63 seconds. Plus typing.

Nope, remember google results is different for everyone. Depend on language setting , ad settings, security settings, and your IP. I had already tried changing my IP to USA and searching for PDF only on the DDM site only. No go. Thanks to the forum gang I now got the missing two as well

The interweb is local these days. Another example is that I can only get access to Autotrader when using a Canadian IP, not even a US IP gives me access. Or perhaps that just means my VPN provider is crap :-)

Last edited by RedOne07; 02-06-2019 at 09:31 PM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 08:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne07 View Post
The interweb is local these days. Another example is that I can only get access to Autotrader when using a Canadian IP, not even a US IP gives me access. Or perhaps that just means my VPN provider is crap :-)
I've had similar issues with my VPN (Private Internet Access) from time to time. I expect it from Netflix and Amazon prime video, but for sites like Autotrader, it's just weird.

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, Werks Big Wheel K04 and tune, Solo catless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces, RPM rollbar
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiffonte View Post
Good luck! The probeam instructions are somewhat confusing, and the venom brace and tunnel brace are a pain to do, with the tunnel requiring quite a tug on the exhaust!
Is it me ? I did all 3 with no real issues the Venom Brace was the easiest took all of about 1/2 hour and I had all my plumbing in for my turbo kit to work around . The tunnel brace naturally longer because the car needed to be placed on jack stands and exhaust loosened I also purchased new bolts to make things go easier .As for the rear brace because of the drilling involved it took more time and getting the "donuts" that hold the muffler on were a bit of work but a can of WD 40 ,a flat blade screwdriver and a bit of coaxing took care of that for reference they were much easier to put on . Again nothing that a decent shade tree mechanic could not do in an afternoon which is what it took me . The instructions that Dave provided are as usual excellent just read them a couple of times to familiarize yourself with the procedure and what tools are needed and don't forget to use jack stands ! I've got a couple of pictures on my album page of my work in progress . Just to add whenever I do a mod like this I replace all the hardware with stainless steel and use anti seize incase I ever have to remove something
raygun likes this.

Last edited by Sting Ya; 02-07-2019 at 12:16 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 08:26 AM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
The following was working just a few minutes ago:

Go to the DDM site, Go to the Brace Bundle, scroll down toward the bottom, and get the installation instructions for all 3 braces:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bundle.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	93607  
Sting Ya and raygun like this.

1st 1K - #741
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 08:32 AM

Garage
Getting the front brace on was a bit of a pain for me due to the wiring harness, hoses, etc. that can be in the way up front. The tunnel brace wasn't really an issue.

To get the exhaust off of the hangers, I sprayed a bunch of silicone lubricant - it's inert and, unlike WD40, doesn't make my hands, tools or clothes smell -on the hangers and wiggled them around a bit to get it into the inside of the rubber hanger holes. After that, with a little leverage, they popped right off and went back on very easily. (I use the same stuff when installing things like intercooler couplers. It's quick, easy and makes the whole experience much more pleasant.) Jacking up the muffler a bit (with a block of wood on top of the jack) can relieve some of the tension on the rubber hangers which also helps.

The rear brace was a bit of a pain just because of the drilling. But, it still only took about 30 minutes if I recall correctly.
Sting Ya likes this.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 03:46 PM

Sting, you're probably just better at wrenching than me and/or more familiar with the car than I was when I did the braces. No regrets from me regardless!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiffonte View Post
Sting, you're probably just better at wrenching than me and/or more familiar with the car than I was when I did the braces. No regrets from me regardless!
Nah just an old timer who has had a bunch of bruised knuckles and bumped heads I've been working for about a year off and on fabricating my remote oil filter set up I've had to put this thing together with pieces from DDM and Summit Racing and coming up with a way to mount this thing some things go easier than others glad you got it on without too much trouble
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Ya View Post
Is it me ? I did all 3 with no real issues the Venom Brace was the easiest ...
Sting I think you just got lucky. The Venom Brace was a real bugger for me until I twisted it just right and it literally fell into place. I was probably fooling around with it for about a half hour before that. Maybe you twisted it just right pretty much from the get go? Overall though, the three braces are pretty simple to put on. And well worth it in my opinion.
Sting Ya likes this.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 07:10 PM

Garage
I thought the venom bar was the easiest and told my dad so. He ended up telling about how much of a pain in the ass it was after he installed his.....we finally realized what made mine easy and got a good laugh.

Me having a cold air intake with the entire stock airbox removed, made the job take all of 4 minutes. His on the other hand, took much more time.
Sting Ya likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: