New Solstice GXP and Sky Redline silicone coolant hoses available! - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sting Ya

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

New Solstice GXP and Sky Redline silicone coolant hoses available!

Another new product we are happy to introduce for the Solstice GXP and Sky Redline -

Silicone Coolant Kit for Pontiac Solstice GXP and Saturn Sky Redline

- Direct fit for Pontiac Solstice GXP and Saturn Sky Redline 2.0L turbo engines
- Temperature range -65F to +350F
- Available in Black, Red and Yellow
- 4 ply silicone reinforced
- Only $75 for the set!

More information - Silicone Coolant Kit for Pontiac Solstice GXP and Saturn Sky Redline

Pontiac Solstice GXP and Saturn Sky Redline DDMWorks high temp reinforced silicone coolant hose kit is designed to replace the stock OEM rubber hoses which can weaken over time. On the turbo engine found in the Solstice and Sky the underhood temperatures get higher and this can lead to premature failure of the stock hoses. These premium quality silicone hoses offer race inspired design and can withstand the harsh high temperature and high pressure operating conditions of the turbo engine. Our DDMWorks high quality silicone kit comes with all of the hardware required for installation, including new hose clamps

The kit replaces the following 4 upper coolant hoses found on the Solstice GXP and Saturn Sky Redline -
  • Reservoir to "T" fitting
  • "T" fitting to radiator
  • "T" fitting to cylinder head
  • Cylinder head to turbo line

These hoses were made from molds of the OEM hoses to offer a direct fit, matching all of the bends and curves of the stock hoses perfectly, not a one size universal kit. Some of the key features of the kit are -
  • Direct fit for: 2.0L 2007+ Pontiac Solstice GXP, Saturn Sky Redline,Opel GT
  • Temperature Range: -65F to +350F
  • Available in Black, Red and Yellow
  • 4 ply silicone reinforced

Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
[email protected]

2.4L - Stage 3 Supercharged - 305whp - 93 octane
2.4L - Rotrex Supercharged - 340whp - 93 octane
2.4L - Custom Turbo - 304whp - 93 octane
2.0L - 2871 Hybrid turbo - 371whp - 93 octane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 07:02 AM

Garage
Improvement and glam! Nice to see new products. Thanks for keeping the mods and upcare needs going.

_

She's an 09 Brazen GXP, Trifecta tune, DDM Race Bckbne,OCC,fndr trim,center console,coilcover and LVKFCB, WERKS tank covers, Hahn IC, KS reBar, Dejon lwr intake,IC and TBE pipes, Solo HF cat with Magnaflow 3" exh, VDI doors, B&G coilovers, ASAP mesh covers, Norms f430 bumper,fenders,side skirts, GTO CAI hood and rear diffuser, Gravana J2's, ZOK bars, custom projector LED Halo headlights and taillights, custom WR & "Madmods" CF dash, pillar & door sills, JPM shifter
Next, making a hardtop
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 07:20 AM

I think I have to get a yellow set for the "mean machine"!!!!!! He has felt a little "mod denied" since the "Ace of Spades" came along. This should cheer him up.

Mods: too many to list!

2007 GXP manual. Bought new Sept 2007
The Mean Machine
2009 GXP Coupe Auto # 526. Bought May 2016 - 1800 miles
The Ace of Spades

Last edited by Northern Sol; 09-03-2016 at 07:22 AM.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 07:31 AM

Oh mod ....I mean wow!!!! Is the DDM logo in white on the black ones as pictured? If the logo is in white it will "pop" nicely on the "Ace of Spades"! Guess I need a set for each child. It never ends being a "sol parent".

Mods: too many to list!

2007 GXP manual. Bought new Sept 2007
The Mean Machine
2009 GXP Coupe Auto # 526. Bought May 2016 - 1800 miles
The Ace of Spades
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 08:08 AM

Great just when I thought I had a grip on this madness from the looks of it I should be able to adapt this to my 2.4 it will tie in nicely with my DDM silicone upper radiator hose .One thing that I will be purchasing this week at my local Eastwood store is a set of Gates Power Grip Hose Clamps these are a shrink tube set up and once installed they never need tightening and have a much cleaner look then a clamp ,I'm going to try these first on the cooling system hoses and then to my turbo components if they work out .
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 07:17 PM

I ordered ,received and installed my hose kit today what a great product for our cars a great big thanks to Dave and Ivy always good to talk to you ! Some observations : First off this kit will fit a 2.4 engine you end up with one extra hose and a couple of clamps (it's a complete kit with the hoses a new t fitting and hose clamps ) my car does not have the plastic cover but a DDM coil cover don't know if that will make a difference .You will lose the antifreeze in the reservoir when changing out the hose that goes from the radiator to the reservoir so make sure you have some on hand to refill it. I know some people may ask why replace it in the first place , silicone hoses have been used for many years in heavy service applications ie: had them on my Crown Vic P71 police package they are much more durable then a rubber composite hose especially with the heat a turbo generates .When I removed mine I was surprised at how brittle the hoses were where they connected to the fittings and I regularly treated mine with a rubber protectant and only have 30,000 miles on my car .Last but not least is that they look great I'm a detail freak and I already had DDM's upper silicone hose so this just ties everything together again thank you DDM Works for continuing to make great products for our cars !
rob the elder likes this.

Last edited by Sting Ya; 09-15-2016 at 06:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: