VENOM Brace - missing spacer parts - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

VENOM Brace - missing spacer parts

Finally after many years I got around installing the venom brace. Read the instructions that came with, and the pdf that JohnWR located.

Installing is a real pain the ass . . . . . but now everything is bolted up . . . . except for the airbox . . . . . it does not fit . . . . . nothing in the instructions . . . . . . but on the DDM page one can order a spacer.

Never realized I was missing that spacer , because it is not mentioned in the instructions.

I either lost the spacer or it was never delivered.

Does anyone have some shots of what this spacer looks like and how many spacers, nuts, bolts I need ?

Last edited by RedOne07; 03-09-2019 at 03:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 06:52 AM

Garage
I took my venom brace off a couple weeks ago while cleaning my valves. All I got from DDM was the bar, it used 4 bolts that were already on the frame. I have a GXP with DDM CAI. My dad installed one on his NA with factory airbox and never mentioned needing a spacer. Where is the spacer supposed to go?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

I assume under the forward mount of the stock airbox, because that one does not fit anymore.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 08:43 AM

Just went over the instructions that came with my brace and there is no mention of a spacer . I guess if you think you need one some washers will probably do .
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

There is a spacer available, and needed. It even can be requested when ordering the VENOM Brace from DDM (there even used to be an issue that ordering option not showing up in Android several years back)

Washers will not work because the bolt is too short anyway.

I am also wondering whether the spacer set includes something or the other airbox mount as well.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 02:28 PM
Founding Member

The brace was never designed to be use on a NA car. When people wanted to do this most if not all of them removed the OEM parts and went with an aftermarket setup.
When I turned over the Brace to Dave at DDM, he figure out a way to have it mounted on a NA car without removing the intake setup.
You need to contact Dave to get the proper pieces to make it work on your NA setup.
LV

Aggressive GXP at $25,995.00 shipping of $600, MT.
Options:
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Correct, there is a good solution, afterall DDM is selling that soltion. Is offered on their website.

I also figured out why I did not get it. This is what happened when I ordered it years ago .... when I ordered the set I used an Android browser and that did , in those days, not offer the tick-box for the spacer set. So I contacted DDM and they told me they would include it anyway ...... I guess they forgot, and I forgot to check the contents of the packages when I received them.

Was just hoping some one had some photos of the spacer set so I could make my own. But early this morning the sales department already responded to my email and confirmed the order for a spacer set. I now installed it without being able to tighten one airbox mount. I think that will be fine for now.

BTW: I do want an "upgraded" air intake, but want it to be a stock GM. And those are very difficult to find, haven't spotted one for years. But perhaps that confirms I am a lousy spotter :-)

Last edited by RedOne07; 03-09-2019 at 03:40 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 12:33 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne07 View Post
Correct, there is a good solution, afterall DDM is selling that soltion. Is offered on their website.

I also figured out why I did not get it. This is what happened when I ordered it years ago .... when I ordered the set I used an Android browser and that did , in those days, not offer the tick-box for the spacer set. So I contacted DDM and they told me they would include it anyway ...... I guess they forgot, and I forgot to check the contents of the packages when I received them.

Was just hoping some one had some photos of the spacer set so I could make my own. But early this morning the sales department already responded to my email and confirmed the order for a spacer set. I now installed it without being able to tighten one airbox mount. I think that will be fine for now.

BTW: I do want an "upgraded" air intake, but want it to be a stock GM. And those are very difficult to find, haven't spotted one for years. But perhaps that confirms I am a lousy spotter :-)
Sorry we missed the spacer on your order, we can get one sent out, just shoot an email to [email protected] and she will get you taken care of.

If you have removed the plastic engine cover on your engine, there are the little bolts with the rounded ball ends that the plastic engine cover attaches to. If you remove one of those from the engine, that is what is used to make the 2.4L stock intake work with the venom brace. It is really simple to do, but if you still have the plastic engine cover, just let us know and we will get one on the way.

Dave

Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
[email protected]

2.4L - Stage 3 Supercharged - 305whp - 93 octane
2.4L - Rotrex Supercharged - 340whp - 93 octane
2.4L - Custom Turbo - 304whp - 93 octane
2.0L - 2871 Hybrid turbo - 371whp - 93 octane
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

In the mean time the golden spacer (golden because the total cost was over 43$) has been shipped and is on its way.

Below some shots of the LATIN VENOM Front brace installed without the airbox spacer.

When I receive the spacer will post some detailed shots of that part.

I do not drive the car in a way that this brace makes any difference , but still I can clearly feel my ride is much cooler and faster now ! Thank you so much LatinVenom and DDMWorks !
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
I do not drive the car in a way that this brace makes any difference , but still I can clearly feel my ride is much cooler and faster now ! Thank you so much
lol, true that.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

I received the spacers yesterday, including a bunch of small DDM decals. Thanks Dave!

Not sure how these parts should be used, but I can probably figure it out.

PS: Shipping was 35$ , typically (I receive parcels from US almost weekly) this would cost only 10 to 15$
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I received the spacers yesterday, including a bunch of small DDM decals. Thanks Dave!

Not sure how these parts should be used, but I can probably figure it out.

PS: Shipping was 35$ , typically (I receive parcels from US almost weekly) this would cost only 10 to 15$
Those look like longer versions of the studs that hold the engine cover.

Your other vendors probably do more business to Europe and have a better shipping arrangement.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

The spacers are installed. They do a perfect job.

Last edited by RedOne07; 04-14-2019 at 07:02 AM.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
........ PS: Shipping was 35$ , typically (I receive parcels from US almost weekly) this would cost only 10 to 15$
This has nothing to do with the brace but ...... I want to ship a small part to Europe, and the lowest cost that I can find is $35. How can I send it for $10 to 15?
Correction: I found DHL for $25, but delivery time is 2-3 weeks.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked

Last edited by JohnWR; 05-01-2019 at 05:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: